I can't catch a break.

Help Support CattleToday:

warpaint

Reaction score
All was looking good, to get out of Gainesville, Fla. this morning. I had wrapped up the punch list I was working on, in what I thought was record time.

Put a call into the boss yesterday,(Sunday), because it is almost impossible to catch him on Monday mornings. Gave him the good news at around 9:00 pm cst. when he called me back. Waited on pins and needles, for him to say, "Just head home, and take that well deserved vacation". :banana:

BUT NO!!!! :cry:

"Hang around there till you hear from us in the morning"

Waited till 11:00 am cst. to hear the news, "Since your in the area, run on down to Lakeland." :shock:

For those that don't know, Lakeland is further south, which means I'm now 3 hours further away from my beloved homeland of Tennessee. :help:

I had one of those years ago. Had to go to Canada to fix some equipment the customer blew up. Got the job done in about two weeks and called in. The response was "go to Kerobert and fix some equipment over there". OK, It's February and 20 below but it's OK. Got that one done and had to go back to Calgary, from there to Edmonton. When I got that job done I called in and started to get another assignment. I told them the next plane I was getting on was back to Houston. My wife was about to get pregnant and I was gonna' be there when it happened.

I got a Uncle who's 68, single and loaded! Waga, if you need some farm work done, just call me and I'll send Uncle Jim down thataway. :shock: :shock:

Crowderfarms":3d0ykc11 said:
I got a Uncle who's 68, single and loaded! Waga, if you need some farm work done, just call me and I'll send Uncle Jim down thataway. :shock: :shock:

Thanks Honey :roll: at least your not just asking for a gallon of milk and loaf of bread anymore, I rate hay now! :help:

WagaAgeyv":pja5kadw said:
Crowderfarms":pja5kadw said:

Thanks Honey :roll: I rate hay now! :help:

WagaAgeyv, Don't be disheartened just yet. Two years ago in Texas hay was more valuable than gold, or so it seemed :lol:

Hang on Paint! Me and Crowder was heading your way to help lift your spirits but he wanted to bring a girlfriend along for the ride. Well you can guess what happened - Yep, got busted at the scales - seriously over weight!

backhoeboogie":2goou97s said:
WagaAgeyv":2goou97s said:
Crowderfarms":2goou97s said:

WagaAgeyv, Don't be disheartened just yet. Two years ago in Texas hay was more valuable than gold, or so it seemed :lol:

Thanks Backhoeboogie, for lifting my spirits. Here hay is becoming gold this year as well! Already $60 a bale for a 5x4, HIWAY ROBBERY!!!!! :devil2:

WagaAgeyv":4zk8qruq said:
backhoeboogie":4zk8qruq said:
WagaAgeyv":4zk8qruq said:
Crowderfarms":4zk8qruq said:

Thanks Backhoeboogie, for lifting my spirits. Here hay is becoming gold this year as well! Already $60 a bale for a 5x4, HIWAY ROBBERY!!!!! :devil2:

I SE IN hay trade is very light as buyers are hoping to pay less and sellers are measuring their own needs.
I heard of (y'know--heard of) hay being trucked in from the west for $12/small square.
Lots of hay buyers are going to feel a nip at the wallet, even if the weather turns more favorable.

WagaAgeyv":12pemezd said:
backhoeboogie":12pemezd said:
WagaAgeyv":12pemezd said:
Crowderfarms":12pemezd said:

If you knew the costs associated with putting up hay you would not feel this way.

With fuel, fertilizer, real property, labor, and equipment costs as high as they are, it should be double that price.

Go buy yourself $100,000.00 to $200,000.00 worth of equipment and try to pay for it by selling hay to a bunch of clueless ranchers/farmers.
:mad:

Highway Robbery indeed. The buyers are trying to be the ROBBERS!

Crowderfarms":1lop494n said:

HEY!!! Is Uncle in the market for slightly depressed,somewhat overweight/overaged fixerupper arm candy?? :lol:

MikeC":1o3gvx1a said:
WagaAgeyv":1o3gvx1a said:
backhoeboogie":1o3gvx1a said:
WagaAgeyv":1o3gvx1a said:
Crowderfarms":1o3gvx1a said:

If you knew the costs associated with putting up hay you would not feel this way.

With fuel, fertilizer, real property, labor, and equipment costs as high as they are, it should be double that price.

Go buy yourself $100,000.00 to $200,000.00 worth of equipment and try to pay for it by selling hay to a bunch of clueless ranchers/farmers.
:mad:

Highway Robbery indeed. The buyers are trying to be the ROBBERS!

Nothing personal but some are gouging. I know I heard them say last year, I am gonna get what I can next year they need it and we have it so we have the upper hand. Thats what I say is not fair. If it cost then fine but don't gouge, be fair.

I know the cost I used to help hay and haul it to on my family farm growing up so I know what it is but when you have to pay 10 times the cost then it is passed on to the beef then on to the feed lots then on to the butchers then to the groceries then to the people NO wonder it is to high at store so if I can keep my cost down at the hoof then the store cost are down but most people around are gouging because they think we will pay that is why it will rot before some people will pay and sell there herds. So what goes around comes around. Think before you act.

God smiles on those that are fair but remember the drought was in other areas and has sense moved on and now is a little closer to home. Eventully God will smile and make life easier again on us all. Say your blessings and say your prayers and thank God it's not worse.

Latest posts