I bought an LS......and I like it!

Help Support CattleToday:

Hardin Farms

Reaction score
So back in the fall/winter last year, I had asked for some advice on buying an M9540 Kubota. Well, one thing led to another and that deal fell through. Spring rolled around and I was still in the market for a tractor. A friend of mine owns a LS dealership and I have always been impressed with the product he sells, but I have never been able to swing a new one. Finally the right used one came along. 2010 LS P7030 with cab/air and hydraulic power shuttle. The tractor was sold new in 2011 to older gentleman and he passed after a few years of owning the tractor and it sat in a barn for several years. The owner of the LS dealership ended up buying it and kept it to use as his personal tractor. The tractor now has almost 700 hours on it (I put the last 30 or so on it). Minus a few cosmetic issues such as lights being broken, the tractor is in excellent shape.

I like the way the tractor is set up. Im an average sized guy and the cab fits me and my 6yo son in the buddy seat perfect. I could see a bigger person having a little trouble inside the cab. The controls are ergonomically placed. It is well balanced. It has a tight turning radius. My tires are filled, so it stays planted well on inclines and slopes. I didn't think I would like the amount of "gears" it has, but I find myself using the hi and low function on the shifter quite often. (each gear has a high and low). It has an Iveco engine which is shared by some other equipment brands like CNH. My particular machine is 88hp, but other than tire size, it's the same tractor as the 97hp counterpart. The dealer did turn up my pump and dyno'd it at 97hp. The self leveling loader is nice. This tractor is HEAVY... I would guess around the 10k mark. The dealer support is excellent. I know the owner and their mechanics. I think one would be hard pressed to find a better dealer for any brand in my area.

A couple of knocks on it.. The loader functions aren't weak at all, but a little on the slow side compared to some other tractors I have operated. I don't mind this at all. The hydraulic shuttle has a little more delay than I like, but I am in conversation with the dealer to see if this is something that can be changed via computer. Hydraulic line fittings are metric which means a 45 minute drive to get a line made vs a 10 minute drive into town... which isn't uncommon for a lot of things when you live in a small town. No third function valve. We will see about parts availability from LS. This being a discontinued model, I hope they don't drop parts for it. My understanding is that it shares a lot of parts with some of the other series tractors as well. Longevity is another concern I had about the LS brand, but they aren't necessarily the new kids on the block. Their tractors seem to be holding up well and resale value is continuing to climb around here.

If LS continues building tractors like this one and they have the capacity to keep producing parts for their older models, they could be around for a long time.
IMG_0042.JPGIMG_0044.JPGIMG_0045.JPGIMG_0048.JPGIMG_0050.JPG

Tractor looks looks good. Can't speak to LS but New Holland's shuttle system has 3 settings, adjustable from the dash controls.

A local dealer has them and a close by neighbor bought two. When I run into the neighbor I usually as about them and so far he is please. I was at the dealership a few days ago and they have a nice one on the lot which was about 7k less than its Kubota equal. Probably lose that on trade in if it does not pan out though.

Last edited:
Tractor looks looks good. Can't speak to LS but New Holland's shuttle system has 3 settings, adjustable from the dash controls.
I wish this had that function, but it doesn't. My fathers new holland does. This one is controllable by the dealer only. The only question about it right now is they only can't raise or lower pressure. I don't know if that will change the engagement delay or just how hard or soft it engages. I like the way it engages, just wish I could change the timing. Its not something that really hinders me, but I tend to get in a hurry sometimes..... the delay may be a good thing there though!

A local dealer has them and a close by neighbor bought two. When I run into the neighbor I usually as about them and so far he is please. I was at the dealership a few days ago and they have a nice one on the lot which was about 7k less than its Kubota equal. Probably lose that on trade in if it does not pan out though.

Trust me, I talked to tons of people before I bought one.. Everyone that I talked to really like their tractors. I even found 2 guys within a 5 mile radius of me with these exact model tractors. They only had good things to say. One guy has been in the hay business as far back as I can remember. His p7030 has around 2,000 hours and only minimal maintenance.

I have been around 2 m series kubotas around this same year model and size since they were new. I think the LS is superior to the Kubota in the same year model and class. I'm not saying they're as durable, but if they are... I prefer the LS. But that's a personal preference.

I've considered buying a new LS since they are priced well below all the big names but have always been apprehensive about anything other than red or green. Glad to hear it's working well for you b

I've considered buying a new LS since they are priced well below all the big names but have always been apprehensive about anything other than red or green. Glad to hear it's working well for you b
I know exactly what you mean. I think the build quality is there. I haven't found any where that I think they cut a corner to keep cost down either. Considering how long LS has been building tractors for other manufacturers, to me it all comes down to parts availability and dealer support.

These tractors have been around a while so a lot of info out there if you look. From what I have seen, like all equipment if good dealer support then good if not just the opposite. If I knew the local dealer would keep the dealership for them and parts for years I would not hesitate to buy. The next time I am there I will talk to one of the mechanics I know. They use to be a Mahindra dealer and from the mechanics as they told it like it was, keep looking.

Last edited:
These tractors have been around a while so a lot of info out there if you look. From what I have seen, like all equipment if good dealer support then good if not just the opposite. If I knew the local dealer would keep the dealership for them and parts for years I would not hesitate to buy. The next time I am there I will talk to one of the mechanics I know. They use to be a Mahindra dealer and from the mechanics as they told it like it was, keep looking.

Neighbor down the road bought one as with all mechanical stuff it breaks down. It took him forever to get parts. Looking from the outside in they have outgrown their distribution or manufacturing of parts.

I know exactly what you mean. I think the build quality is there. I haven't found any where that I think they cut a corner to keep cost down either. Considering how long LS has been building tractors for other manufacturers, to me it all comes down to parts availability and dealer support.
Absolutely correct, good service is a must. Can't be down for two months at a time.

We've got an LS dealer down the road. I thought they had quit selling them, but they said they were still a dealer, and were just having trouble getting tractors in inventory to sell from the manufacturer.

The dealer here is also a Mahindra dealer and the mechanics aren't impressed with the mahindras at all. I am personal friends with both lead mechanics at this location and they both see adamant that LS tractors are a good product. This particular dealer has been a LS dealer for probably 10 years and they are growing. They've added a fairly large parts department and have a 6 bay service shop. They don't seem to be backing off any time soon.

Neighbor down the road bought one as with all mechanical stuff it breaks down. It took him forever to get parts. Looking from the outside in they have outgrown their distribution or manufacturing of parts.
Before I bought this one, I had him look up some parts I thought might break in the future. Everything he looked up from front axle solenoids, shuttle clutches, hydraulic pump, lines, injector pump, axle shafts, front hub (no the right name, but the best I could do) were all available within a week. Not bad considering the shape of our supply industry. Didn't run in to anything that took longer than a week. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there. Hopefully I won't run into that. I see LS spending money in advertising and what not (nascar sponsorship), so that makes me think they are still looking growing.

As a part time mechanic I can tell you all the parts I've needed for the two LS tractors I've had apart have been a lot longer than a week. One was down almost 8 weeks waiting on some simple items.

I'm NH guy and wrench on a lot of them both mine and customers and rarely wait a week for anything. Just ordered planetary gears, bearings, seals, king pins, etc on Monday am, had parts today (Wednesday) and tractor is back in the field currently.

As a part time mechanic I can tell you all the parts I've needed for the two LS tractors I've had apart have been a lot longer than a week. One was down almost 8 weeks waiting on some simple items.

I'm NH guy and wrench on a lot of them both mine and customers and rarely wait a week for anything. Just ordered planetary gears, bearings, seals, king pins, etc on Monday am, had parts today (Wednesday) and tractor is back in the field currently.
The dealer here folded.
New owners sale Kioti that are pretty popular around here.

If needing a 130 hp NH with fairly low hours this looks pretty good. THey have 3 backhoes listed that look fairly priced if in good shape.

If needing a 130 hp NH with fairly low hours this looks pretty good. THey have 3 backhoes listed that look fairly priced if in good shape.

That has Cfpinz name all over it!! A lot of tractor there for the money if it is in good shape.