I bought a 766 with loader what do ya think

Help Support CattleToday:

Starting late

Reaction score
Hello, I farmed with Dad and Grandpa all my life and just started raising cattle on my own. I had been putting hay out with neighbors 706. I have 2 AC D17's of my own, but wanted a bigger loader tractor. I bought an IH 766 with a Koyker K5 Quick-tach loader on it for $7500. The 766 had been repowered with a 414 non-turbo diesel. Do you all think that was a fair price? Tractor runs perfect, starts well. The reason I wanted a 100 HP tractor is because my neighbor will let me use any of his implements and they are all for 100 HP IH's. 706 worked fine, but my 766 burns much less fuel, has MUCH more torque and should do much better in the fields for tillage. I really like the shifting better on the 66 series as well. Another plus for me is that the 766 will have enough power and weight for round baler, fertilizer buggies, etc. The old D17's are perfect on my 9' Conditioner, rake, and square baler. Sorry to ramble. I am not getting rich raising cattle, but I sure do love doing it.

I'll second that, it sounds like a fair price especially with a loader, have fun with it, It will for sure be a nice step up from the D-17s.

Wife's father has a 766 with a loader, big heavy tractor. Biggest complaint is that his doesn't have a locking rear end, did any of these tractors have one? Also, with the loader it will pile up loose hay in the mud in front of the front tires and push it. Other than getting stuck on a wet rock it's a pretty nice tractor.

Latest posts