I became a widower today

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I received some bad news today from my daughter. Turns out my wife had died in a terrible car wreck today. My daughter was in the mountains on vacation when she received a phone call from a sitter we employ to care for my MIL who is suffering from Alzheimer's. This gal is a gem and is able to communicate with my MIL on her level. She spends all her time on Facebook keeping up with the goings on in the community.

Apparently she was on FB and learned there was a bad car wreck on the highway that I live on in the general vicinity of my home and being a proper hen our sitter took it upon herself to call my wife to fill her in on the news but my wife didn't answer the phone because she was vacuuming. The sitter then waited three minutes and called again and again she didn't answer. Putting two and two together and coming up with sixteen the sitter immediately concluded that my wife was the one who died in the car wreck because she always answers her phone when she calls and her not answering was proof positive she was dead. Armed with these tasty facts she immediately calls my daughter in the mountains and informs her of the tragedy. My daughter in turn calls me at work telling me what the sitter said.

I assured her that her mother was fine and reminded her that this girl isn't operating on all cylinders and because of hens like her running the gossip mill at incredible speeds you are apt to hear anything in this county except bacon frying and change jingling. This eased her concerns. I then called my wife and told her what had happened and asked her three times if she was sure she wasn't dead because for about 30 minutes she was and I was a widower - at least in cyber land. What's going to be funny is to see how many people offer their condolences to me tomorrow because this gal is plugged into the misinformation hotline to be sure - and she ain't even Russian!

Just goes to show once again when you add a person you add a problem. :bang: :bang: :bang:

FWIW - today is this gal's payday but due to my having to make funeral arrangements and my grieving she isn't going to get paid till sometime tomorrow. Probably late afternoonish. Just depends on how my mourning goes.

Gossip mongers and the like, as well as people lacking any sense, I have no use for. And this is just one more reason/example. :roll:

We got one of them kind here. Lives across the road from my MIL . Week before last I came home early. And no longer than I pull in the driveway my phone rings and my mil says Betty said you were sick with the flu. I asked why she said that and she said because my parents had had the flu and I came in early the only logical reason was I was very ill. Dam woman minds everybody's business.

I can't stand stuff like this but if there is a silver lining it did make me think for a moment what I'd do without my wife. She is an angel and with Valentines on the horizon I think she will do better than normal this year.

Jogeephus":lfbjw7ju said:
I can't stand stuff like this but if there is a silver lining it did make me think for a moment what I'd do without my wife. She is an angel and with Valentines on the horizon I think she will do better than normal this year.
Just a heart isn;t enough, bears repeating

slick4591":19a72p6l said:
I'd be checking the mail for a check just in case your insurance agent heard the rumor.
if they pay over a rumor,, I'd like to use them...hard enough to get em to pay on the real deal...

Oh jeez, my heart stopped when I read the title of this thread. I'm sure yours did too when you got the call (at least for a few minutes). I think I'd have to fire her for conduct unbecoming....a reasonably sane human.

I think I'd tell her you have changed the way you are doing payroll and all checks will be mailed. Sometimes letters fall behind sorting tables.

dun":2jw18lps said:
Bigfoot":2jw18lps said:
Best thing to get over a woman is another woman.
In a lot of cases I've seen the best thing is a good dog

A dog is always glad to see you no matter what, a bowl of food, fresh water and a warm place to sleep is all they want.

Allenw":lpigjxmz said:
dun":lpigjxmz said:
Bigfoot":lpigjxmz said:

A dog is always glad to see you no matter what, a bowl of food, fresh water and a warm place to sleep is all they want.
My dog bit me on Saturday

Allenw":1d4vjojx said:
dun":1d4vjojx said:
Bigfoot":1d4vjojx said:

Ahh...you need to add being in eyesight of you to being under foot.....

I think I would have had my biggest case of verbal diarrhea yet. I'm happy to read that this wasn't really the case, the title was a bit upsetting.

Bestoutwest":2pdj7qdm said:
I think I would have had my biggest case of verbal diarrhea yet. I'm happy to read that this wasn't really the case, the title was a bit upsetting.

The title " I almost killed my mother in laws caregiver because she is a gossip hound" probably wouldn't fit in the little box

M-5":1ohudxza said:
Bestoutwest":1ohudxza said:

The title " I almost killed my mother in laws caregiver because she is a gossip hound" probably wouldn't fit in the little box

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yep, my wife had to reign me in on that because I wanted to give her a piece of my mind but if I pizzed her off and she didn't sit with my MIL the world as I know it would end for sure. Only a few could tolerate that.

Learned the facts today and its pretty sad and very telling about the validity of gossip.

First off, there was no wreck but there were a lot of police cars on the highway near my home.

Here is how gossip evolves.

Yes, there were police cars, ambulance, coroner's car and firetrucks on the highway near my home and this is all that is needed for a nosy old buzzard to infer that there was a car wreck even though there wasn't a wrecked vehicle anywhere.

From this point it goes from being a wreck near my home to my wife not answering the phone and her automatically being the one killed in the car wreck.

The truth is, there was a body but it was hanging by a rope in a tree. Turns out a guy who works for one of my good friends chastised his 14 year old daughter who was acting out. He had taken her to the doctor and she had contracted gonorrhea. In an attempt to reign her in he put her on restriction and took away her cell phone. This upset her and since social media is rallying around the "Me Too" movement she made the accusation that her father had molested her. DEFACS came and talked to him and this upset him terribly and he went into the woods and hung himself.

According to my friend, there is no way in the world this fella would have ever laid a hand on his daughter because she was the apple of his eye and her accusations just sent him into a deep depression. I don't know if he did it or not and want to side with my friend's opinion since this man has worked for him for 20 years but I imagine the autopsy will show whether or not he too had gonorrhea and if so she was telling the truth. If not, then this girl is going to have a heavy cross to bear.

Long way from the original story but I don't know which one is worse. Both are terrible.

Latest posts