I became a widower today

Help Support CattleToday:

Omygosh! What a train wreck! I hope for the sake of your friend's family the accusations were unwarranted. And I'm certainly glad you are not a widow! I'm friends with one of the Detectives for the Sheriff's Dept and she's told me on more than one occasion they have received calls from kids claiming child abuse. Upon further investigation the kids are simply being brats, calling 911 because they've been punished, i.e. spanked or had their cell phone taken away.

Yup, it isn't anything new. In 1980 a friend of mines son (17 years old) drunk and started yelling at his mother. The dad grounded him for a week, 2 days later he was arrested for child abuse. He ended up doing 3 years for it.

TCRanch":3qk8icr0 said:
Omygosh! What a train wreck! I hope for the sake of your friend's family the accusations were unwarranted. And I'm certainly glad you are not a widow! I'm friends with one of the Detectives for the Sheriff's Dept and she's told me on more than one occasion they have received calls from kids claiming child abuse. Upon further investigation the kids are simply being brats, calling 911 because they've been punished, i.e. spanked or had their cell phone taken away.

A friend of ours, his son did that. Saying that his dad "beat him up". LEO's showed up @ dad's job and hauled him away. The son didn't realize it would go that far. It took a long time to undo that clusterfolk. The LEO's didn't believe the son when he tried to undo it, they assumed the boy was saying that, in order to not get in trouble and be "beaten" again.

My husband went to the Possum Kingdom fires several years back. I had a friend call me while he was there to tell me a fire fighter was killed and he was from our area. I remember exactly where I was standing, at the entrance of Big Lots...My heart dropped. I tried calling him and got no answer for hours. Finally got in touch with him later that night. Ended up being a friend of ours killed who was a fire fighter from another department, Greg Simmons.
No one is ever prepared for this, but you sure don't want to get news of it when it isn't true..

Jogeephus":24u45yyd said:
According to my friend, there is no way in the world this fella would have ever laid a hand on his daughter because she was the apple of his eye and her accusations just sent him into a deep depression. I don't know if he did it or not and want to side with my friend's opinion since this man has worked for him for 20 years but I imagine the autopsy will show whether or not he too had gonorrhea and if so she was telling the truth. If not, then this girl is going to have a heavy cross to bear.

You never know! In 1979, a man in his 50s went out late one night, got in the company pickup and committed suicide by firing a shot into his head. He was a 20 year man with the power company serving our community in Kentucky. I met him when I had service connected. I remember asking him a question about my electric furnace. He was a tall, nice looking gentleman. Very polite. Very clean cut.

No one in the community could understand why this man would end his life. He had an impeccable public image.

He had one daughter and one granddaughter. The story got out that his wife had made an observation about an event that occurred while the granddaughter sat on his lap. She made a comment to the child and the child's response caused her to mention the event to her daughter. The daughter apparently interrogated the child. Apparently, he was confronted by his wife and daughter. This all happened about a month before the suicide. It sure sent a silent chill through the entire community.

"apple of his eye" does not mean "incapable of molesting." To the contrary, unfortunately: many molesters groom their child victims. It is a way of deflecting outside suspicion, and also a way of emotionally bonding the child to the molester so that once the abuse begins, the child often does not want harm to come to the abuser. Thus is the abuser protected by not only the family, but by the victim him/herself.
(Not saying that's what happened here; just wanted to point out that he wouldn't be the first "pillar of the community" to have had a dark secret that he couldn't face up to).

boondocks":112vnnb4 said:
"apple of his eye" does not mean "incapable of molesting." To the contrary, unfortunately: many molesters groom their child victims. It is a way of deflecting outside suspicion, and also a way of emotionally bonding the child to the molester so that once the abuse begins, the child often does not want harm to come to the abuser. Thus is the abuser protected by not only the family, but by the victim him/herself.
(Not saying that's what happened here; just wanted to point out that he wouldn't be the first "pillar of the community" to have had a dark secret that he couldn't face up to).

Very true. You never know what goes on behind closed doors. The more I'm learning the more it sounds like he was innocent but who knows. I do think the autopsy will be telling. Am told there was a note explaining his actions and in it he swore to his wife and son that he never touched his daughter but no matter what his life and name were ruined.

Jogeephus":1oyzdj7q said:
boondocks":1oyzdj7q said:

Very true. You never know what goes on behind closed doors. The more I'm learning the more it sounds like he was innocent but who knows. I do think the autopsy will be telling. Am told there was a note explaining his actions and in it he swore to his wife and son that he never touched his daughter but no matter what his life and name were ruined.

Joe, the autopsy may not exonerate him. Molestation is not limited to intercourse. The daughter may have gotten the gonorrhea elsewhere. If the autopsy suggests he did not have gonorrhea, it would only mean his molestation maybe did not include intercourse or that he did not contract it from her.

Bright Raven":3ad4txp0 said:
Jogeephus":3ad4txp0 said:
boondocks":3ad4txp0 said:

Joe, the autopsy may not exonerate him. Molestation is not limited to intercourse. The daughter may have gotten the gonorrhea elsewhere. If the autopsy suggests he did not have gonorrhea, it would only mean his molestation maybe did not include intercourse or that he did not contract it from her.

I don't know, don't even know the guy but judging from the people who knew him and worked with him they say there is no way he did this because he was a real family oriented guy. He worked six days a week in construction and had a stable marriage with other children. It just seems odd to me that the accusations from the daughter came after she started showing out and sneaking out of the house to run with boys. She then complained of stomach pains and was diagnosed with the STD. This is when her father laid down the law and put her on restriction and took away her phone. It was at the height of all this drama that she made the accusations. Though circumstantial, this puts me to leaning toward the accusations were BS but who knows. But if her father was poking her like she said I would think the autopsy would show he had the STD also.

Molestation is not limited to intercourse.

I used the word molestation rather than the F word as it is less graphic. I think I know what you are implying but how could that act even be considered molestation since we had a president who said this wasn't even sex? If true, it couldn't be sexual and if not sexual then it couldn't be considered sexual molestation could it? Of course if you disregard the sworn words of a POTUS and use some broad brush to define molestation this would mean I was visually molested two weeks ago by a female truck driver who basically undressed and had here way with me while I stood by a gate. Granted, had she looked like Scarlett Johansson and not like Fido's azz on crack I'm not sure if this would have been more of a compliment rather than molestation. I don't know. All this stuff just confuses me. I can see a rebellious child acting the fool more than I can see a father doing wrong to their children but I know there are some sick people in the world who need hanging.

Joe

Much much broader than intercourse or oral sex. Read the Nassar offenses. It is anything that is sexually inappropriate.

You have led a sheltered life my friend. The things that people do for sex would fill an encyclopedia

Could be like: "no way this guy did it, he's a deeply loved priest that has devoted his life to God", or "he's a favorite teacher that will do anything to help out his students", or "he's a well respected farmer who serves on the township board, and donates animals for kids in 4H", or who knows what else. Like Jo said, you never know what goes on behind closed doors.

Sadly, taking of your life will make you look more guilty. Especially if he had other kids. But he may have had other issues in his life and this was the tipping point.

I might be totally shocked if certain people did certain things, but I would never bet my life on anyone outside of immediate family as being innocent.

Once those words leave your mouth, the damage is done...even if their innocent,their life will never be the same.. Reputation is ruined..... """Branded""

ALACOWMAN":2nqrrfv2 said:
Once those words leave your mouth, the damage is done...even if their innocent,their life will never be the same.. Reputation is ruined..... """Branded""

I disagree cowman. Your branded when you stick your head in the sand. Or blow it off. If you face your accusers head on and your in the right. The cream will eventually rise to the top.

If someone accuses you of something,your never looked at the same afterward No matter how hard you fight it... sure if your innocent you fight it....but there will be scars..

callmefence":1zuyuuw7 said:
I disagree cowman. Your branded when you stick your head in the sand. Or blow it off. If you face your accusers head on and your in the right. The cream will eventually rise to the top.

If I were accused of something I was innocent of, NO WAY IN HEII DO I COMMIT SUICIDE. In fact, It would have the opposite effect on me. It would be the ultimate motivation to clear myself of a wrongful accusation. Screw the reputation.

Latest posts