I Am Thankful

Help Support CattleToday:

melking

Reaction score
I am thankful for having a forum like this and for all of my friends on it. Everybody is different, but the same in the important ways.
I also appreciate the reasonable health and good fortune me and mine enjoy.

I am thankful for, in no particular order;

My children
My Grandaughters
Getting both of the above to my house for dinner on thursday
Having my friend of 44 years at the same meal when he is pretty much alone in this town
Having my BIL(who eats too much) at this meal because he is all my wife has left.
For not breaking both legs
For the wife who has nursed me for 3 weeks now like a trooper
For the financial blessings we have been given
For the resolve to go out and work for those blessings
.........and last but most important for the God who makes all these Blessings in my life possible

I am thankful for my Lord and Savior who has given me so many blessings and continues to give. I am thankful for the strength that He has given me this year to get through the loss of my last aunt, my brother-in-law, and many dear friends. He is giving me strength to look after my almost 91 year old mother who is now in the nursing home and has about given up. It gets harder each day to go, but I know I must.
God is good and He is always with us giving us strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow. Our blessings are too numerous to name, but I am truly thankful for each of them, my husband, daughter, and son-in-law, mother,sister,and my cousins who are so good to help me. Also each of you on this forum who always have good answers for things that come up, and can always post something that will make me laugh on days when I feel like crying. Oh, how I enjoy the pictures of all that good food and beautiful cattle! I am thankful for my cows and calves. They bring me a lot of comfort and make me feel good most of the time when I can rub their heads and backs and know they like it.
I could name a lot more, but will stop. Happy Thanksgiving to each of you. May God bless you and yours.

I

I am thankful that my wife's surgery went as well as could be expected this morning. Now we're both forced to slow down. She'll be on her back for about a week and then in a chair most of the day for a couple of months and other than the breeding route and a few daily animal chores I've cleaned out my schedule to take care of her... We both really needed it. :D We're even supposed to get some rain so we're stuck inside together even if she feels like getting up and around. :nod:
I am also thankful that both of our phones and message boxes have been blowing up with people concerned about us. As much as I hate people feeling like they need to check on our wellbeing it sure does feel good knowing that they care enough to take the time to see if they can help somehow.

I'm thankful for a country where I can pray to God when ever I feel like, I can own a gun, and can defend myself, and livelihood, I can say whatever is on my heart, I can vote for whomever I please I can choose where i'm going to work, and live, I can own as many cows as I want, or the bank can own, :lol: I can even peaceable protest, or boycott anything I please.

But most of all i'm thankful I can do all of these thing without fear because I live in the greatest country on earth (no matter what the libtards say).

I am very thankful, that I have a lot to be thankful for! Good health, close family, good boss and co-workers, community ties, material comforts, the hours of entertainment and education I have gotten from this site, and more. I am thankful for all the good people in this world, and will strive to remember them even when the media puts all the evil and stupidity of the world in my face day after day. I have a warm house, plenty of food, safety and security, people who care about me, and that makes me more blessed than much of the world's population. Thank you Lord, for this good life you have given me.

I am thankful for all of the Yankees and Southerners on here that take the time each day to contribute to the enlightenment and entertainment of everyone on CT. As such, I hope each and every one of you can spend a very special Thanksgiving tomorrow with your families as you enjoy the fruits of your labor and appreciate your good fortune - living in the greatest country in the world, which makes all of this possible.

Wow. I'm not a church-goer, but I say my prayers every day. I give thanks for family and friends -- including all of you. Thankful that we pretty much have good health, save for the stuff that just happens as you get older; that we have a home out in the country, and are able to raise a garden and have fresh eggs. Thankful I still have a pretty good job until I can retire, and that hubby is retired and is on the place to do the day-to-day things while I'm chained to a desk. None of this would happen without him, or without the help of his son, who is our "project engineer" for every improvement we take on. Thankful for and so love our beef cattle (my "princess cows"); glad we've had such good guidance since we started this a few years ago; tickled every year when the babies are born and can watch happy-feet-tag through the pasture; thankful we have good butcher beef customers every year so we can keep doing it. Lastly, thankful I only need to do cranberries tomorrow! Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, have great food, some laughs, and reasons to be thankful.

I am thankful for the people who have gone before me and helped me by being the examples and teachers that I have needed, that have guided me and have even helped me materially at times. I remember the time I was in school and had sold some steers. Someone stole my money and left me flat broke. I went to my grandmother and asked if she would loan me $15. She gave me $30. That was a lot of money to me at that time. Later I went to pay her back and she wouldn't take the money. She said she was just giving it to me.

I am thankful that I have been able to "stand in the gap" to help some people when they needed it.
I am thankful for that young girl that married me so many years ago. She has been a better partner than I could have ever imagined.

I am thankful for the presence and guidance of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in my life.

May God bless us each and every one.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my cyber friends and the few I know on CT, hope you have a good day. :heart: Chrisy.x

if I had to give thanks it would be for life its self, it's a blessing.

I am thankful for my salvation and knowing that when I take
my last breath here I will be with my savior. I am thankful
for the people that have gone before me that left a mark on
my life. I am thankful for my family and friends. I am
thankful for the hard times I have endured because they have
made me a better man. I am blessed beyond measure and could
never compile a list that would do justice to the peace I
have in my heart.