I am sorry..

Help Support CattleToday:

HUS":3b9k6zxw said:
Depends where we are located in Canada and if we live in the city or in the country. My names for Americans include: Mom, Uncle, Cousin, Buddy, Friend, "Our Neighbours to the South (more general)", "Those Minnesotans" (more specific, in the best Norwegian accent I can muster). But I spent time in the city for a few years, and if they have never crossed the border, have no family in the US or are immigrants to the country from somewhere other than the US, than the words aren't so polite. Everything they know about the US of A is fed to them by the TV and....ignorance begets arrogance. :cowboy:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Media feeds ignorance and cultivates contempt for people that is many times unfair and very biased. I have been fortunate to have been able to interact with many people from many different countries, cultures, and backgrounds. It has been a pleasure to know, work, and share the benefits that these friendships have produced.

But one thing has become obvious to me especially as I have gotten older.......... Its all about INTEGRITY! If they don't have integrity they don't have backbone, morals, honesty, or loyalty.

Aaron,
Thanks for being open minded enough to measure people by their merits and also being able to identify the unfair efforts that are made to label and categorize people based on opinions rather that actual facts.

You just made me and the wife feel neighborly all over again. :tiphat: :nod:

I have spent a lot of time working with the U.S. Army Spec Forces over the past few years. And I have a stellar young man patrolling with me here in the middle east - out of some place called Taaaxaas. (I think that is how he prounces it)

Someday us regular folks will figure out exactly what he is saying and where it is he truly comes from ;-]

When push comes to shove I would rather one of him than 100 from the African Union at my back - that from experience and the story not for here.

Unfortunately your own media makes you guys look bad on the news. You tend to tear up your own pretty bad in public - and then other countries pack up on you.

Personally I would rather you as a neighbour than Somalia, Sudan, Congo, China and the beat goes on. You Yanks as a whole - when dealing with you - have more morality and honour than 95% of the world put together.

I figure there has to be a 5% slush out there somewhere - just have not found it yet. ;-]

You're a bunch of hard bargainers - but we try to give as good as we get.

Remember now that the UN figures you guys have a horrible human rights record. And so does Canada. Funny how so many seem to want to come to this part of the world.

Remember as well that the UN is pretty much run by those who commit a pile of crime in their own countries. So it is to their advantage to have you guys on the front lines looking like the pricks of the world - takes the heat off of them.

Not all of us are fooled by this despite the best efforts of the media.

So there you have it - you stop by for coffee any time. Even those I have argued with would be welcome. Underneath it all there are some pretty good folks on both sides of the border.

Now that the hijack is over and to get back on track:

There has to be a way we can make you southerners pay us cold hard cash for that nice fresh air you have been receiving for free - when we figure it out, you had better open that cheque book - it will not be cheap!!

Cheers

Bez+

Have visited the USA several times over the years and have always found them to be friendly and interesting. I have a couple of American cousins in Portland and another who married an American and works for Boeing in Seattle. Have met a lot of US cattlemen over the years at bull sales etc. and US oil field personal in Alberta. Quite frankly I don't see a lot of difference from Albertans!
I sometimes wonder though when I hear those R-Calf boys in the media or some old politician from the border states ranting on about how evil Canada is? Seems their main reason for every problem is "Blame Canada"!
I also am not impressed by the border guards in Montana. They treat you like you are a terrorist or something? What kind of dumbies do they hire for that job? How hard is it to figure out that a middle aged couple, blond hair, blue eyes, driving a new car are probably not going to be blowing up things in America! You should see the crossing at Coutts in the summer...cars and trucks lined up for miles trying to cross. You only have to do that once or twice until you say "I think I'll just stay home and spend my money here."

angie":lw128574 said:
I was wondering if you southerners might do us a favor. Everytime you talk, face the north and blow some of that hot air up this direction. It'll be like summer in no time! ;-) :wave:
ill do all i can to help you,.... including pointing my ass in your direction after a bowl of chili

alacattleman":1dzv602z said:
angie":1dzv602z said:
I was wondering if you southerners might do us a favor. Everytime you talk, face the north and blow some of that hot air up this direction. It'll be like summer in no time! ;-) :wave:
ill do all i can to help you,.... including pointing my ass in your direction after a bowl of chili

OOPS....there went the "clean air" but it will still be warm. I'm not complaining about the air from the far north. That stuff from Kansas is cold enough. Need to add a wire to that fence between Ks and Okla.

alacattleman":3r7n6xjd said:
angie":3r7n6xjd said:

Thanks for the offer alacattleman my dear friend and neighbor .BUT no thanks.,I know, I know it is the thought that counts.. :lol2:

Hey John, hows the weather today ?? It is 42f here now.. Went out to check the girls at 5 this morn and only had to grab a jacket.. :banana: