I am not the Father

Help Support CattleToday:

HerefordSire

Reaction score
I will write this one more time, I am not the father of these children..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne ... ldren.html

article-1210632-063CFA18000005DC-217_634x710.jpg

If you haven't figured it out yet, the black lady in the photo had three albino children. Wonder what the odds of that are? Scientists are baffled.

They all look happy and well fed--
any idea what country they're in? some countrys albinos don't live long as witch doctors think their skins have "magic" powers.
I hope they're safe..

HS I have always heard that the albinism gene was more prevalent in African descendants..

I am too lazy to find out so,,,, if you wouldn't mind.. :)

Both parents must carry the albinism gene in order to produce a child with albinism. Where both parents are carriers of the albinism gene, there is a one in four chance that a child will be born with the condition.

The family live in the slum of Olinda in north-east Brazil and the children have faced taunts by fellow pupils at their school.
The condition affects around one in 17,000 people. Those with albinism do not produce enough melanin pigment, which gives colour to the skin, hair and eyes and protects the body from the sun's rays.

They often suffer from extreme short-sightedness and a severe sensitivity to light.

I feel for the family, the medical bills and the taunting they must all endure..Sad..just because they have a genetic disorder.

Did they even think to do a simple parentage verification? :secret:

When I was a kid there was an albino kid that lived in the neighborhood. He walked home from school and stuff but he stayed in his house all the time once he got home. We used to talk to him through his window. I felt sorry for him. We'd be out playing in the sprinkler and he couldn't come out.

I think this math is correct....

If the odds for albino children are one in 17,000, then....

17,000 * 16,999 * 16,998 = the odds of three albino children from the same mother

OR

17,000 * 16,999 = 288,983,000

288,983,000 * 16,998 = 4,912,133,034,000

OR

almost 5 trillion to 1

The earth has less than 10 billion people I think.

chrisy":202cq8jn said:
TexasBred":202cq8jn said:
Those albino children have zero features of the black race.
The one at the back does...look at the nose and cheek bones.
also found this about the family....http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne ... ldren.html
good luck to them they all seem happy and content, and that is all that matters.

Nope..just a pretty young guy...but I've spent time in Brazil and a huge number of people there are of mixed parentage. Might explain some of it. But definitely a beautiful family.....

HerefordSire":149jk1gl said:
I think this math is correct....

If the odds for albino children are one in 17,000, then....

17,000 * 16,999 * 16,998 = the odds of three albino children from the same mother

OR

17,000 * 16,999 = 288,983,000

288,983,000 * 16,998 = 4,912,133,034,000

OR

almost 5 trillion to 1
You're using the wrong odds. Read HD's link that says odds are 1 in 4. The odds are 1 in 17000 for two random parents, but 1 in 4 for parents that have had an albino child.

ga. prime":3e2aqute said:
You're using the wrong odds. Read HD's link that says odds are 1 in 4. The odds are 1 in 17000 for two random parents, but 1 in 4 for parents that have had an albino child.

Yes, I agree I am calculatng it wrong, because the 17,000 odds for one child to be an albino has to equate to the total population of earth. Therefore, one mother having three albinos children would likewise have to related to the total population.

It would be something like 17,000 * B * C = Total population...

TexasBred":o3cx0du1 said:
alacattleman":o3cx0du1 said:
TexasBred":o3cx0du1 said:
Those albino children have zero features of the black race.
you'd aleast think their head would be nappy

roflmao....well at least they are all "flat footed". :lol2:

There's no blanket fuzz in their hair either.

hillsdown":p3xflzwg said:
Why is thread not locked yet ???????
Good question. Maybe because nobody's said anything on here about Monica Lewinsky's birthday. That'll get the whole thread sent to Outer Mongolia real quick.

I just keep thinking of that poor woman when the first one was born. :shock: Honest, honey, I've been faithful. Just wait for the DNA test. She could have been treated pretty badly until they figured out it was genetic..........

Latest posts