I am new.

Help Support CattleToday:

tnmorcat

Reaction score
Thank you. I have a small herd of mixed cows and just stumbled onto this forum. Reading it has been pretty helpful. I am fairly new to cattle always had horses. The pictures are of two heifers out of our new bull. Let me know if you can see them. I do know the one heifer has white on her and realize what some people's opinion may be of that. I would like to hear opinions though.

tnmorcat":207pgj8g said:
I have two heifers I will try to post pictures of. One is a Black Angus by a Registered Bull and out of a Commercial cow and was born in June. The other is by the same bull and out of a Charolais x Pinzgauer cow and was born in May.

Welcome.. :cowboy:

561_zps9abc5fd7.jpg
599_zps63ced4b8.jpg
544_zps8076b498.jpg
616_zps0bc82309.jpg

tnmorcat":1s295bwe said:
That is actually a cow. She is Pinzgauer x Angus and has really nice babies. Here is a better picture of her.

252_zpsee424f6e.jpg

The larger black skunk tail calf in this picture is her steer calf from this year.

Thank you. I am not sure I know how to make the pictures show up in the forum. We have a mixed herd of cows. One Charolais, one Pinzgauer, two Charolais x Pinzgauer, one Angus x Pinzgauer, five angus, and one blue roan shorthorn. We use an Angus bull on them. Keeping two heifers (not in the pictures) this year one is from our old bull and the other is out of the shorthorn cow and she was breed when I bought her. Also bought two Charolais heifers.

Welcome :wave: Nice to meet you. I have been addicted to this site for many years and have developed some great friendships. You are going to love it here. :tiphat:

Thanks to everyone for the nice greetings. It is also nice for me to see others on here from Tennessee. I had been lurking for awhile before I decided to register and post. I did notice after registering that there is another person with a very similar id to the one I choose. I did not do this intentionally. Hope no one gets confused. Glad to meet everyone. I mostly read the posts to learn but enjoy seeing pictures of others cattle so I decided to introduce myself with some pictures of a couple of my cattle.

tnmorcat":3b3vp5an said:
Thanks to everyone for the nice greetings. It is also nice for me to see others on here from Tennessee. I had been lurking for awhile before I decided to register and post. I did notice after registering that there is another person with a very similar id to the one I choose. I did not do this intentionally. Hope no one gets confused. Glad to meet everyone. I mostly read the posts to learn but enjoy seeing pictures of others cattle so I decided to introduce myself with some pictures of a couple of my cattle.

Where is your place tnmorcat?

tnmorcat":1rzocie2 said:
What a beefier longhorn momma cow you have!

It is between Clarksville and Dickson. Part of the Cows are on a place we half rent, the longhorn in one of the pictures belongs to the other guy. My parents originally started the herd with a Red Angus bull and a couple heifers. The red heifer pictured is his daughter and she is out of a Charolais x Pinzguaer cow (pictured beside her). Switched to a Black Angus bull after selling him. Recently I purchased a cow and some heifers and am keeping the heifer out of the cow I purchased. I keep my cows with theirs and help with fed, fencing, and such. Since the herd has grown, we will be fencing this winter.

Sold the two heifer calves ( the Angus x Char/Pinz and the Angus) they brought around 1.48 &1.50 per pound. Here are the ones we are keeping. This is the first year we have kept heifers. We bought the Charolais but raised the others.

Latest posts