I am impressed..

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
SpaceX landed all 3 of it's FalconHeavy 1st stage boosters today. 2 side boosters back at Canaveral and the center booster successfully landed on the drone ship out in the Atlantic.

105847383-1555023286494fha6adouble.gif

Not really that impressive when you consider they landed a man on the moon using only a computer with the processing power of a walmart calculator. But neat none the less.

But, the Apollo 11Lunar Excursion Module was manually piloted by Armstrong, who had to take over from computer 'pilot' to prevent it from landing them in a boulder field. Even then, they landed 22,500 ft away from the middle of their target area.

That is impressive, such a tall skinny thing to land on its legs. I would question the efficiency though, you would think it would need all the fuel to launch the rocket. They are not using the atmosphere to glide down at all, just rocket fuel.

Ken

Pretty cool that they can go to outer space and all but I'm still wondering what good it's doing us.

Space is great but we will never be able to live there zero gravity and gravity greater than earth will wreak havoc on a person's body. Need to expend our energy and national capital what is left on living together here on earth and enjoy it. Respect each other and let every one be themselves. But first we need to cull the herd.

Latest posts