I am getting a much better response

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
So that story about cow #13 the down cow up in the health and nutrition board. A friend invited me on facebook to join a group called "The Cowboy Way". I was a bit skeptical but I figured what the heck. So I posted the story about that old BM cow who was down too long but got up back in December and had a calf yesterday. Last I looked there was nearly 1,300 likes and over 60 comments. The comments will really make you shake your head. This is "The Cowboy Way" but these people are so far separated from what any cowboy or cattleman that it is unreal. It really shows how far the general public is from reality.

Congratulation Papa................. I aint no Papa to some da** old range cow
You just can't eat a cow like that........... Well I am not going to but someone else will
You have a caring heart............ I practice benign neglect and I was caring for my bottom line
Lots of hearts............... it is a cow people. An old broken mouth range cow
Better keep a close eye on her when the next calf is born.............. Old one and done. There wont be a next calf.

It goes on and on

I agree Dave, wanna b's r even up north where I am. Last fall a coup[le stopped in during slaughter/butcher time, you should have seen their eyes bug when I handed large chunk to the fella, would not even touch it. They came for a pickup load of my compost, wore cowboy hats too

So that story about cow #13 the down cow up in the health and nutrition board. A friend invited me on facebook to join a group called "The Cowboy Way". I was a bit skeptical but I figured what the heck. So I posted the story about that old BM cow who was down too long but got up back in December and had a calf yesterday. Last I looked there was nearly 1,300 likes and over 60 comments. The comments will really make you shake your head. This is "The Cowboy Way" but these people are so far separated from what any cowboy or cattleman that it is unreal. It really shows how far the general public is from reality.

Congratulation Papa................. I aint no Papa to some da** old range cow
You just can't eat a cow like that........... Well I am not going to but someone else will
You have a caring heart............ I practice benign neglect and I was caring for my bottom line
Lots of hearts............... it is a cow people. An old broken mouth range cow
Better keep a close eye on her when the next calf is born.............. Old one and done. There wont be a next calf.

It goes on and on
I had an extra 1/4 beef last week and was talking to my friend about it. Her boss started crying, thinking I was going to "KILL" an animal. She was eating pepperoni pizza wearing leather shoes!!

Some people don't get it!

I tell you what... you think you know someone come to find he's hanging out on facebook....lol
I hear you. Facebook..... who would have thought. My kids are about an 8 hour drive from it is a way to see what they post. On Thursday this week the daughter posted something about her 10 year olds birthday party that day...... opps Grandpa missed that one. Get a card in the mail right away.
This Cowboy Way thing. I was invited to join by a good friend. She was raised on an irrigated farm in the Columbia Basin. I questioned joining but thought what the heck I can always quit. One of the first things I saw after joining was a post of Gene Autry code that cowboys live by. After reading the comments I had to add that Gene was an actor and singer but not a real cowboy. That didn't go over too good. I remember someone said well he owned a ranch. I replied the Mel Gibson, Ted Turner and Stephen Seagal all own ranches. Which one of them is a real cowboy. I might stick around for a while....... at least until winter gets over and I have better things to do. For now it is kind of fun kicking the chair out from under these people.

It is up over 2,000 likes and 165 comments this morning. I am going to have to message the group administrator. This has to be a record for their group.
I wonder what kind of trouble I can stir up on there today.........

That people are completely detached from AG means they're detached from reality. Really becomes a bigger problem when these clueless people start making policy. Also, they feed off of bad information and generate even more.

It is up over 2,000 likes and 165 comments this morning. I am going to have to message the group administrator. This has to be a record for their group.
I wonder what kind of trouble I can stir up on there today.........
I'mma have to find this group and bring some popcorn with me
Meanwhile, I think you'll like this.. perfectly describes these people
37352040_2079410722100989_6762584019398819840_n.jpg

I see 3 groups called the cowboy way.. I'm assuming this is in the 85,000 member one
That is the one. I just saw the number of members. A lot of horse pictures and comments. A fair number of Christian comments. They seem to like Hollywood actors who play cowboys. And occasionally something from a real cowboy or cattleman. Fairly strict but good rules. They say if you violate the rules you be gone no questions asked.

85,000 members and rarely actual cow people? I don't do FB and it looks like the rest of us don't either.

For those who do not have a FB account, I resisted for years. What I found is that there are many FB business accounts that are useful and more accessible if you have an account. Far more useful are the FB groups. There are FB groups for many many topics - bulls for sale in east texas, skid steer repair and operation, JD tractors, hay for sale by state, trucks for sale - some by state or county, and on and on. Join the group and be able to search for information. Someone asked here about a particular angus bull Basin Payweight 1682. The FB AI Sires group has discussion and experience about this bull - It might say that the bull sires lots of mass and volume, reduces frame size and may have bad feet. It is not just a place to waste time.

I was on a facebook cattle group for a while. It made hobby farmers look big time. I got off it in a couple weeks. I got tired of my in box being flooded with posts of pictures of my new calf, isn't he cute. I couldn't take it anymore.
I got on to see what my kids and grandkids are up to. They post pictures that I wouldn't see other wise. My son had a sudden health issue last June. The DIL got ahold of me using facebook. I guess she didn't have my phone number in her phone. People don't write down numbers in a book like I do.

For those who do not have a FB account, I resisted for years. What I found is that there are many FB business accounts that are useful and more accessible if you have an account. Far more useful are the FB groups. There are FB groups for many many topics - bulls for sale in east texas, skid steer repair and operation, JD tractors, hay for sale by state, trucks for sale - some by state or county, and on and on. Join the group and be able to search for information. Someone asked here about a particular angus bull Basin Payweight 1682. The FB AI Sires group has discussion and experience about this bull - It might say that the bull sires lots of mass and volume, reduces frame size and may have bad feet. It is not just a place to waste time.
And there's marketplace too, I like looking through there even if I'm not looking for anything.

Well, they might not like the answers I gave to their questions I had to answer in order to become a member of their Cowboy Way fraternity. I guess we'll see what happens. Either way I'm good, but it might be entertaining lol

Well, they might not like the answers I gave to their questions I had to answer in order to become a member of their Cowboy Way fraternity. I guess we'll see what happens. Either way I'm good, but it might be entertaining lol
I read that a person had to answer the questions. But the questions never came. I looked for them and never found them. I just started commenting and posting. No one ever questioned me being there. I guess my fine reputation proceeded me there.

I do have a Facebook account for my business. The idiot that built my website included in the package. I've never posted on it, don't remember the password. I do see the benefit for business especially new business trying to get started. Should I ever think I need more advertising I might hire one of the grandkids to fire that sucker up.

The only thing Facebook has going for it is it's user base, to it's benefit, and detriment.

Just about every Facebook group I've been a part of was a cesspool. Lots of people, lots of idiots. Drama.

The groups and marketplace interface is garbage. Try searching for something in a group, or using marketplace like you would Craigslist or anything else. Glitchy, missing features, etc. But it's the most popular service.

Latest posts