I am as mad as heck.

Help Support CattleToday:

Douglas

Reaction score
Just think about the plight livestock farmers are in today. Low prices and high input cost seem to be the future for our industry. Dairy farmers going out of business left and right. Property taxes going up. And no one in power seems to even care. Radical environmentalist and animal right groups after us everywhere. We can even get roundup ready alfalfa.
I am fortunate that I am only a part-time farmer, but I see this as an outrage. Livestock farmers should be doing what they are doing in Argentina and blocking roads and threatening (just threatening) violence. This is the only way to be heard
We are subsidizing grain farmers both when they lose money and when they make money. A third time when the grain is used to make ethanol.
Banks are getting easy money. Auto companies are getting special streamlined bankruptcy processes. Homeowners in houses they can't afford are getting monies. States are getting stimulus monies to subside their huge bureaucracy. Construction, engineers, and architectural companies are getting stimulus funds for clean energy, new roads, etc.
Grain farmers simply have the big numbers in Congress and we don't.
Is my anger unreasonable?

Douglas":4u1k5rm5 said:
Livestock farmers should be doing what they are doing in Argentina and blocking roads and threatening (just threatening) violence. This is the only way to be heard

That will get you put in jail here. Threatening violence would be considered terroristic threats and would land you in a world of deep deep do-do.

Everyone understands your frustrations, however it appears that we are just screwed. Can't go into politics, but they're all the same anyways.

Circle the wagons and keep your powder dry...

Douglas":31kbfkgg said:
This is the only way to be heard

Not quite, but I like a man that sticks up for what he believes in.

The main way to be heard, is for the population not to have enough food to eat. That gets us every time. People sure do think differently when their belly is empty.

HerefordSire":326fti82 said:
Douglas":326fti82 said:
This is the only way to be heard

Not quite, but I like a man that sticks up for what he believes in.

The main way to be heard, is for the population not to have enough food to eat. That gets us every time. People sure do think differently when their belly is empty.

Problem with that HS is, unfortunatley,our world is such a small global world these days. They would just import cheaper feed from outside the country...
Until the world can not feed itself....
...by then it will be to late

I have to agree RR ..
As well as with you HS (that might be a first).. ;-)

The world is not "hungry" enough but it is coming and I fear by then it will be too late as well..

Latest posts