I’m considering running for state representative

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I'm getting pretty serious about doing it. Been thinking about it for several years now. I have no delusions of actually winning, I won't be accepting any donations. Not sure how much of a campaign I can get off the ground on my own dime. I think I'd be happier knowing I tried.

I'm getting pretty serious about doing it. Been thinking about it for several years now. I have no delusions of actually winning, I won't be accepting any donations. Not sure how much of a campaign I can get off the ground on my own dime. I think I'd be happier knowing I tried.
I wish you the best. A local pastor here won a state representative seat last fall. He had run a couple times before unsuccessfully. I don't want to even think about how much money those efforts probably cost.

Best of luck and there is no shame in collecting donations. Big difference between donations and lobby money. My high school goverment teacher ran a year or two after I went thru his class and won. Been serving since and does a fine job. A lot of us have tried to get him to run for governor but he won't bite on that.
Need more honest, straight forward and grounded people involved to put this train back on the track.

Accept donations, and specify that you will not acknowledge them in any way that can be used to cultivate political favor. Or make them all ANONYMOUS...... More decent honest real life working people need to get in there and get some common sense back into the gov't.
Hope you do and best of luck.

I think you should run. A pastor in GA was just elected to the US Senate.

It will be tough without accepting contributions at least small ones (they can't be anonymous, that is illegal). I have no idea of the local politics of where you are and whether you would be running against an incumbent or someone of a different party. It will make a difference. Good Luck!

My region has a fed up farmer who ran for State Rep, won, then ran for State Senate, won again. He's rattling their cages in Springfield every chance he gets. We need more of this, everywhere. Go for it you might get surprised. We the people are sick and tired of business as usual. I would vote for you.

Remember that sometimes it takes a campaign or two just to get enough name recognition and visibility to be successful. Wonderful local Christian homeschooler self employed carpenter here with 12 kids just won election to our State Senate, after his third run at it, against an "entrenched, 18 year veteran politician, schmoozy, never say much of anything, for sure never take a position that will put anybody at odds with you" kind of guy. He learned too how important fund raising and having enough money to get the necessary exposure is.... take donations.............

I think you should go for it. One of my neighbors ran and won a few years ago. Don't know many details on his campaign process, only time I call him is when his cows are out. Lol

One of my neighbors in Washington had a fish farm. The state passed some laws that put him out of business. He took up lobbying for the fish farmers. A year of that he decided to run for the state senate. He won. Was one of the best state senators for a number of years until he decided to retire. An intelligent man with common sense who would listen to people. I was able to get a lot of things done when dealing with state agencies because of my relationship with him.

Latest posts