Hyundai Dozer

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Having a hell of a time finding parts for a Hyundai dozer. Hyundai doesn't support them anymore.

We broke the ball joint housing yesterday for the blade angle/tilt function. This part that broke is mounted to the blade and is cast. It surrounds the ball.

Long shot I know, but does anyone know of any Hyundai dozer sitting around that'd be a good parts machine? Really need a blade I guess. But would snag the whole machine.

Or is anything interchangeable from another make/model that isn't a Hyundai.

Wish we had never bought the damn thing. Works great but parts are impossible to find.

Thanks all.

Also have a small Komatsu dozer, can go behind a 3/4 ton pickup. Need a motor for it.

Who do yall deal with for salvage parts?

Cant help on where to find parts but it sounds like something that might could be modified or fabbed up at a machine shop. That is where i would check next. The Komatsu motor shouldnt be hard to find but bet it aint cheap.

I'd probably look for a ball and matching housing for a common Cat or Deere machine and then get out the torch and welder and make it fit.

What model Komatsu machine? What motors in it? Yours rebuildable?

I'd personally go the rebuild route since you will know what you have when your done. Get a salvage motor and swap it in you have no idea what condition of the motor is.

You could pull the motor and see what it has for a bellhousing. If its just a standard SAE 3, 4, etc then if you like fabricating you could swap in a 4b cummins, or really anything for that matter.

I'd personally go the rebuild route since you will know what you have when your done. Get a salvage motor and swap it in you have no idea what condition of the motor is.

You could pull the motor and see what it has for a bellhousing. If its just a standard SAE 3, 4, etc then if you like fabricating you could swap in a 4b cummins, or really anything for that matter.
This is the route we plan to take assuming we can get a crank as ours is shot. Now gotta find a good diesel mechanic.

A 4b cummins would be the ideal motor to swap? The d21 is a 40 hp I believe. I am pretty new to all this stuff.

Crank broke?? Crank can't be turned? Or too far gone to be able to be turned? Find a good diesel machine shop and have the journals spray welded and turned back to size if it's just worn too small.

It was not maintained properly by previous owner. Ran it dry for a long while.

We are heading out to KY this morning to pick up a D20P. Complete machine. Steering doesn't work is all.

Think we've found a solution to the Hyundai blade. Gonna cut pieces from a CAT.

D20 was a bust. Thank God. Waste of time. Did see McDowell, KY though. Probably never again. Lol.

Going on the hunt for someone who can fix this D21. No point in getting more junk to fix junk.

Latest posts