Hydraulics Problem

Help Support CattleToday:

jgn

Reaction score
I have a 255 MF that the auxillary levers are vert difficult to pull or push under a load, also now when I raise the lift arms all the way up hyd. fluid is leaking out of a plate on the housing right under and in front of the seat. Anyone have any ideas what might cause this.

My guesse is that there is some blockage. I had a MF that the lines in the housing were clogged and ended up ruining my pump.

Scotty

jgn":2sovr8qa said:
I have a 255 MF that the auxillary levers are vert difficult to pull or push under a load, also now when I raise the lift arms all the way up hyd. fluid is leaking out of a plate on the housing right under and in front of the seat. Anyone have any ideas what might cause this.

There is a pressure relief(regulator) spring operated plunger type valve under the seat . If this is plugged you are going to take the hydrualic pump out, get ready for big bucks.

I don,t know anything about MF tractors,but is it possible you have a plugged or collasped hydraulic filter.

The hydraulic filter was changed this summer. I was thinking and hoping this would be the simple cure all for the problem but no change. Thanks for the reply though.

Some tractors have a filter, and a seperat metal screen in a different location that has to be cleaned. Don't know if yours is like that or not.

Latest posts