Hydraulic oil filter

Help Support CattleToday:

kerley

Reaction score
Kubota MX5000 with FEL
Is there a secret method of removing the Hydraulic oil filter on these tractors? My tractors filter sets under the floor board. I broke the filter removal tool so I bought a filter wrench and the filter still will not budge. I checked the threads on the new replacement filter so I know I am not tightening it. If there is a secret please let me know what tool you use.
Thank you, Kerley

I usually use filter pliers on the stuck one's. You can find some big one's that give you lots of leverage.

Or you can hammer a screw drive through them, and tear it off. Then get some channel locks of the fitting. That would be a last resort.

sim.-ang.king":1cjqa6ff said:
I usually use filter pliers on the stuck one's. You can find some big one's that give you lots of leverage.

Or you can hammer a screw drive through them, and tear it off. Then get some channel locks of the fitting. That would be a last resort.
Thank you Sim ang king, I have removed filters as you described before and that is what I am trying to avoid, I'll get it done somehow.

I don't know what type of wrench you are using but I have some difficult filters only accessible from the top and I have bought on ebay a wrench that is just 3 fingers that clamps onto the top of the filter and you just use normal 1/2 inch ratchet socket drive and extensions on it and it works very well on tight filters, the grab on it just gets tighter the more you swing on the handle.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-Jaw-Engine ... SwzgRWyw0s
Ken

I have used a strap wrench on had to reach filters.
I use a chain wrench on ones that are stuck. I have caved in oil filters with the chain wrench before finally getting the filter to break lose.