hydraulic lines

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I haven't has to replace hyd lines in a long time, but this old tractor needed a total of 10 replaced. I took 5 off and took them in. Holy moly, they were expensive! 217 bucks for 5 lines, a total of 16 ft, 10 fittings. Wth happened that made these things so expensive? Crazy I tell you, crazy

Not too bad, IMO. There is a lot of work in 5 lines. And if they make your hydraulics useful--that's worth $271. But I understand. Machines are a sinkhole where we throw money.

Last time I had to replace lines it was 25 or so a line. I know its worth it, but I thought boats were the bad money takers. I just found out the tractors are just as bad. Like I said, its been 10 yrs since I had to replace stuff on a tractor.

I can get some lines done for around thirty a piece here. Some will cost twice that. I was told it depended on the fittings. Some are pretty expensive i guess.

Reviving this old thread because today I had a 6' hose made and it was $80. Makes the previous listed prices sound like my granddad's nickel a gallon gas way back when.

I'm happy to pay so I get my machine going again. AC quit in the loader, found the leak this July. Was able to cut hose and re-crimp my old fitting connection on $8.65 . Lucky that time.

I'm happy to pay so I get my machine going again. AC quit in the loader, found the leak this July. Was able to cut hose and re-crimp my old fitting connection on $8.65 . Lucky that time.
What did you use to crimp it? That is a lot of pressure on those hoses and I would be afraid to do it myself.
Is it holding with no leaks?

Latest posts