Hydraulic leaks?

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
My tractor goes through o rings in the female ends pretty quick. All my male ends appear to be compatable with my female ends. What's going on? They sometimes don't last one day.

Bigfoot":3dm9i185 said:
My tractor goes through o rings in the female ends pretty quick. All my male ends appear to be compatable with my female ends. What's going on? They sometimes don't last one day.

Depends on where you get them IMO sometimes they are already old as dirt and beginning to dry rot I think. There is a local company here that can make them for you and there fresh once I used theres I had no more issues but dealers I had problems with. Then o rings have different materials its made of so you may be buying some that are not rated for hydro oils etc.. Am I making sense ?

skyhightree1":3ctuhf35 said:
Bigfoot":3ctuhf35 said:

Depends on where you get them IMO sometimes they are already old as dirt and beginning to dry rot I think. There is a local company here that can make them for you and there fresh once I used theres I had no more issues but dealers I had problems with. Then o rings have different materials its made of so you may be buying some that are not rated for hydro oils etc.. Am I making sense ?

Perfect sense. Never occurred to me that all o rings may not be created equal.

I have similar problems with mine, though they do last more than a day.. it's usually a yearly thing to replace them all

What he said. Sometimes some have plastic retainers that go beside them too and if that's missing it will wear out quick

Bigfoot":3oa0kx63 said:
skyhightree1":3oa0kx63 said:
Bigfoot":3oa0kx63 said:

Perfect sense. Never occurred to me that all o rings may not be created equal.
like the way tires are, after they set on the rack for a certain period. The dealer ain't allowed to sell them..safety factor...

Craig Miller":3615qy59 said:
What he said. Sometimes some have plastic retainers that go beside them too and if that's missing it will wear out quick

I wonder if that is my problem. I'm super mechanically minded, but I can slap in O rings.

Latest posts