Hydraulic issue loader

Help Support CattleToday:

OzssieDave19

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have a m7040suhd Kubota with an alo self level loader. Set up on a joystick. All standard .Regardless of brand they are all fairly similar. I have a problem. The loader will crowd fine but when I am driving towards a pile of dirt say and I want to lift or lower the bucket ready to work it won't respond.

If I come to a stop I can lift up and down.

It gets worse with the tractor running longer so obviously heat of oil? The dealer thought one of the hydraulic quick couplers was faulty and replaced them which sort of fixed it for a few months. Sometimes if I stop the tractor and start again this lets the loader work. It gav3 me heaps of trouble on the weekend. Maybe there is some junk in the line? The tractor is fairly new hours wise 200 hours but 5 years old.

When I lift the loader it loads up slightly I think but doesn't respond.

I have checked= all pins not loose on loader, no bent arms or parts, no kinked hoses the joystick cables are all tight and fine. Oil level is fine. Any tips or suggestions? I don't feel like going back to the dealer it is not the one I bought the tractor off as I moved states and think the lack of relationship is maybe making the dealer not belive I know my stuff. I would like to have a go myself at solving this problem. Any tips appreciated.

Is thinking of changing the filters and oil or going to an independent tractor mechanic.

Start with filters. Check and make sure the controls for the rear remotes are in dead neutral. If one of those valves is open just enough for oil to cycle it can heat up pretty quick.
Hydraulic clutch? Could be an issue there if the loader works better when the tractor is stopped?

Yes it is a hydraulic clutch i will have look. Thanks. It has to be something simple.

Could be an issue with the priority valve. It diverts oil to important functions first, the steering, transmission, and brakes will get pressure before the SCVs, 3pt, and loader valve.

Next time it acts up, see if the SCVs and 3pt act normally, or if they are slow too. That will give you a clue as to where the problem resides.

You can also tee in a pressure gauge on the pressure line that feeds the loader valve, and see if the pressure is okay, or drops when you try to use the loader. If the pressure is fine, the issue is likely within the loader hydraulics.

I would bet it's an easy fix.
Overall do you like the tractor? Just this week I had a salesmen try to sell me a m7040. I need a different feed wagon tractor. I've never been around a Kubota before.
It's a great tractor. You get a lot of tractor for your dollar. I looked at a comparable John Deere model. The Kubota had the flat platform floor and a few things made me get it and I have not been disappointed.