• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hydraulic hoses?

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Reaction score
Anyone know if Tractor Supply or Rural King would carry anything that I could get a John Deere hose replaced with tomorrow? Hose from the power beyond valve to loader let loose while mowing hay today.

Cross-7

Reaction score
Deere has in the past been ORB
Now days it seems FFOR is the trend.
A NPT hose and an adapter shouldn't be too tough

Nesikep

Reaction score
They just gotta keep futzing with the fittings don't they.. seriously, what is wrong with JIC/ORB?

Any decent parts store should be able to make it up.. It has to happen on a Sunday, right?

OP
tom4018

tom4018

Reaction score
Brute 23":q27su8j8 said:
A good auto parts store can make you any hydraulic hose you need.
Just finding one open today is the problem.

True Grit Farms

Reaction score
tom4018":3p1vcpt6 said:
Brute 23":3p1vcpt6 said:
A good auto parts store can make you any hydraulic hose you need.
Just finding one open today is the problem.

I've seen hydraulic hoses at TSC. Our local O'Reilly Auto Parts store makes hydraulic hoses, they my be worth a try.

pricefarm

Reaction score
Most Napa stores makes them also. Our local Tsc needs to change there name to City Man Play Farm/Yard Supply. They never have anything you need.

ohiosteve

Reaction score
tom4018":203du9vc said:
M-5":203du9vc said:
Ts has premade hoses
Looking online it seems they are all pipe thread though.
They are, but they should have a good selection of adapters to go from pipe to many other ends, I've gotten out of a few pinches this way. I prefer rural king, but tsc should have a good assortment also.

Supa Dexta

Reaction score
Hyd hose has gone way up in price the last couple yrs. I'm always getting one made for something or other.

M-5

Reaction score
AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers
ohiosteve":1ctqiriu said:
tom4018":1ctqiriu said:
M-5":1ctqiriu said:
Ts has premade hoses
Looking online it seems they are all pipe thread though.
They are, but they should have a good selection of adapters to go from pipe to many other ends, I've gotten out of a few pinches this way. I prefer rural king, but tsc should have a good assortment also.

Like steve said , plenty of ends and adapters. Beggers can't be choosers in a pinch

hurleyjd

Reaction score
tom4018":14kpyybh said:
Anyone know if Tractor Supply or Rural King would carry anything that I could get a John Deere hose replaced with tomorrow? Hose from the power beyond valve to loader let loose while mowing hay today.

TSC makes hoses. Good possibility you have a o-ring or pipe threads that the JD connector screws onto.

jedstivers

Reaction score
You can also cut the break out and put pipe thread ends there and couple back togather if it's just a single bad stop in the hose.
Another thing you can do if they don't have the right ends is grind off the outer clamping part (can't think of the word for it) and use your old ends.

Cross-7

Reaction score
jedstivers":3e240txk said:
You can also cut the break out and put pipe thread ends there and couple back togather if it's just a single bad stop in the hose.
Another thing you can do if they don't have the right ends is grind off the outer clamping part (can't think of the word for it) and use your old ends.

Yup
What he said
Most Mfg have gone from a 2 piece fitting to a single piece fitting for the very reason of people cutting off the collar and reusing the stem fitting.
It a waste but it's all about the dollars.
As Jed pointed out a splice works and only cost two fittings

True Grit Farms

Reaction score
Cross-7":1gwkm24z said:
jedstivers":1gwkm24z said:

Yup
What he said
Most Mfg have gone from a 2 piece fitting to a single piece fitting for the very reason of people cutting off the collar and reusing the stem fitting.
It a waste but it's all about the dollars.
As Jed pointed out a splice works and only cost two fittings

I've brazed more than a few fittings together to make something useful and to get by with.

cfpinz

Reaction score
May not help the original poster in his situation, but just for future reference I've started ordering my hydraulic hoses from Shoup Manufacturing. They're cheaper than TSC and the hoses are made in America. TSC hoses are imported, just like the other 99% of their inventory.

OP
tom4018

tom4018

Reaction score
Ended up finding a independent mechanic at his shop yesterday morning and he made a hose. Really pretty fair on price.

Latest posts