• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hyd fluid in a Dew Eze

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cowman

Reaction score
the Great State of Mental Distress ( Florida)
I don't have a local dealer for the dew eze bed here so I was wondering if any of you had some insight

When the temps drop my bed gets slower than I like I was wondering if you could replace the Hyd Fluid with Automatic Transmission fluid, When I had the elec over Hyd bale spikes on the pickups I used ATF instead of hyd fluid

My bed is elec over Hyd it doesn't have the pump on the engine like some do

Thanks

Red Bull Breeder

Reaction score
Angus Cowman you can go to the Dew Eze wed site and get a phone number and give them a call. I have called them before but don't no what i did with the number, they will be glad to help you out.

cfpinz

Reaction score
1-800-835-1042

Great technical support, at least in my experience. Have the engine pump on my deweze, never used one with the electric pump. When it gets cold I don't notice the hydrabed slowing down as much as the deweze.

agsalesman

Reaction score
I may be a little late with this response but this is a common problem with hydraulics in the cold weather. I actually work for DewEze and we recieve several calls about this when the temperature drops. You can switch over to transmission fluid but please don't mix with other hydraulic fluids. I have heard of customers in the northern states using some kind of synthetic oil that will not thicken in the cold climate. I would like to know what that is. Thanks for purchasing a DewEze and please let me know if we can help in any way. Steve

Latest posts