Hustler Bale Processor

Help Support CattleToday:

CowboyRam

Reaction score
Picked up a baler processor yesterday. Tried it out yesterday, and it fed fine. I then went to get it load for today, and could not get the spears to go back down. Turns out there is adjustment on the valve block under the table need adjusted. I called Hustler Equipment, this morning and got a voice mail; I chose not to leave a message. Probably about thirty minutes later someone from Hustler calls me back. I'm kind of impressed with the manufacturer. 20220119_113223.jpg I did call and leave a message with the dealer that sold it to me, but I have yet to hear back from him.

Picked up a baler processor yesterday. Tried it out yesterday, and it fed fine. I then went to get it load for today, and could not get the spears to go back down. Turns out there is adjustment on the valve block under the table need adjusted. I called Hustler Equipment, this morning and got a voice mail; I chose not to leave a message. Probably about thirty minutes later someone from Hustler calls me back. I'm kind of impressed with the manufacturer. View attachment 12348 I did call and leave a message with the dealer that sold it to me, but I have yet to hear back from him.
They are a good deal. I have the Tubeline version.

I do have to ask though, we're you able to feed those bales loaded like that? Seems like they should be on 90 degrees to how they are shown.

I do have to ask though, we're you able to feed those bales loaded like that? Seems like they should be on 90 degrees to how they are shown
Edit: disregard above, it was an optical illusion and I didn't notice the strings on the bale still on the forks.

With the one bale I did get to run through it yesterday as you get towards the end of the bale you need to change the angle of the table. I will know more tomorrow after I feed those two bales. Like all new equipment there is a learning curve.

I still think I will try to see if I can finds some parts for the old Farmhand manure spreader.

I'll be interested to hear how you like it as time progresses. Had thought about one of them before using my homemade bale unroller, which has evolved a little over time, and gotten better. I like it alot... biggest glitch in the system is removing the netwrap, especially if the bales weren't stored properly. Unless one wants to grind them up and feed them with the hay, I don't think there's a solution for that.

You can't fix stupid........... :)

What kind of cost for that unit?

I like it, as time goes on I am getter better at operating it. I have learned to flop the bales over so that the knots are on the ground before I pick them up. Makes it much easier to pull the stings out, and also I am able to get up on top if the strings are frozen to the bale. Sometimes you have to roll the feed auger back and forth to get it to flake off, and then there are times you just have to allow big chunks to go over. I am feeding some of last years hay, and well I never covered that stack, should have; those bales have a tendency not to flake off well. I sometimes get a 20" chunk. I don't know how it would be to feed rounds, as we don't usually have any, but I kind of like the idea that I can if I have to.

We paid around 20 grand for it, and this year we added the chute to feed into the feed bunks. I tried without it, but had to get way to close to the bunk without the chute; it also didn't go into the bunk all that well.

I have learned to flop the bales over so that the knots are on the ground before I pick them up. Makes it much easier to pull the stings out, and also I am able to get up on top if the strings are frozen to the bale.
Put them on their side, you can pull the strings without any bale to ground resistance, and can go around them if need be to get them loose. Cut the twine right by the knots, keeping the knot on the "long length" on that side of the bale, take the knots all together in your hand to the other end of the bale (so you've got the twine off of one long side and one end already), and then pull. If you store them on their side, you won't have any frozen area where the strings are. This works great when they're on the ground on their side when removing the twine. not so sure it'll work for you on your setup though... you have to get them all the way up onto that bale platform before removing the strings. So... do you have to climb up onto the bale when it's on that platform then to remove the strings?

What if you removed all but a couple, once you've gotten it on the back fork? Round bales would hold together without the net... squares will fall apart without the twine. Easier to remove once they've been lifted off the ground. That's how I do mine. On my unroller, I can cut the net on the backside, pull it over the top, and then just pull... the bale spins as I pull the rest of the net off the bottom of the bale.
We paid around 20 grand for it, and this year we added the chute to feed into the feed bunks. I tried without it, but had to get way to close to the bunk without the chute; it also didn't go into the bunk all that well.
About what I expected... but alot more than what I've got into my homemade bale unroller... I take two bales at a time with me to the field too, one on the unroller on the loader, and one on the 3 pt. bale carrier on the back. Cut the net off both at the same time once I get to the cattle, with both up off the ground. Then just unroll the first one; drop the second, turn a circle with the tractor and load that one onto the unroller and go. NO MOVING PARTS, other than the simple hydraulics on the 3 pt., the loader, and the width adjust cylinders on the unroller. Nothing to wear out. AND, only one self-contained unit the length of the tractor to maneuver, or to have room for in the shed. Obviously it won't feed into a bunk though.

Here's a pic of it from 2 years ago, with my son at the controls. I've got it mounted on my bigger cab tractor now. Unrolling about 240 bales a month this year so far. Width adjusts hydraulically so I can unroll any size round bale. I modified the loader with a "skid loader quick attach" system, for quick easy changes of attachments.

1675563286871.png

Last edited:
With all the guys that use grinders not taking off the net wrap, I'm curious about these... I would assume that if you just threw a round bale into them with the net on them, it'd become a terrible mess in a hurry... I pull all of mine off... just curious...

How much horsepower do you think you need to run the hustler model unroller? I would assume that it is quite a bit less than the normal bale processor, as they are driven by hydraulics. My thinking is the biggest issue would be traction to pull the unit with the 2 bales?

I think the literature on my Tubeline model claims 28hp. If you only pack one bale traction is good because so much of the weight goes to the tractors rear wheels. When you pick up second bale that dynamic changes for sure. Especially as the first bale gets fed. I just use a little T5.115 NH, my bales weigh between 1700 to 2000 lbs and I don't have significant issues unless trying to climb icy hills or drive through 2 feet of snow.

With all the guys that use grinders not taking off the net wrap, I'm curious about these... I would assume that if you just threw a round bale into them with the net on them, it'd become a terrible mess in a hurry... I pull all of mine off... just curious...

A vertical or auger mixer will not process net wrap at all, just wad it up into a ball. Only a hammer mill grinder will process it into small pieces.

We have a bale slicer that works pretty well most of the time and pinches/cuts the net while slicing, otherwise I will just flip the bales on end and cut the net off manually before loading. I use a grapple for cleaning up the mess of chopped bales.

How much horsepower do you think you need to run the hustler model unroller? I would assume that it is quite a bit less than the normal bale processor, as they are driven by hydraulics. My thinking is the biggest issue would be traction to pull the unit with the 2 bales?
I looked on Hustlers website and could not find what the horsepower for the trailered feeder, but the one the goes on the three point said minimum of 80 horsepower. Probably because of the weight. A person could probably run it with hooked up to a pickup with a wet box.

I looked at the 3 point model last year. Dealer kind of scared me off saying he had a guy that put one on a 1086 and he was picking up his frontend with a 5x6 in the unit. Had to run some off before going anywhere. Decided I didn't want a 3 point when I was told that.

Latest posts