Husband’s call

Help Support CattleToday:

jedstivers

Reaction score
Thought about putting this in the daily joke but it's to true to go there.
Husband's call:

"Honey it's me. I don't want to alarm you but I was hit by a car as I was leaving the office.
Paula brought me to the hospital.

They have checked me over and done some tests and some x-rays.

The bloww to my head was severe.

Fortunately it did not cause any serious internal injury.

However I have three broken ribs, a compound fracture in the left leg, and they think they may have to amputate my right foot."

Wife's Response:

"Who is Paula?"

And if you find that hard to believe, you've never been married.

So true. And if the roles were reversed and the wife made that cal the husband would ask how bad is the car messed up

Really hits close to home tonight! :? My wife's b-day today, two days ago I asked her what she would like ...... "nothing". Yesterday she said she needs more hard drive for her gaming computer, I say I have a external hard drive that will work fine, a terabyte of space. I set it up and get it going, down load the new game she wants, she says thanks for my b day gift ........ Long story short, she's pizzed because I didn't get her a cake or card :? :? I've only been working on it for two days!

Can't win for losing.

Thanks for the vent.

Alan":2n1uv2dc said:
Really hits close to home tonight! :? My wife's b-day today, two days ago I asked her what she would like ...... "nothing". Yesterday she said she needs more hard drive for her gaming computer, I say I have a external hard drive that will work fine, a terabyte of space. I set it up and get it going, down load the new game she wants, she says thinks for my b day gift ........ Long story short, she's pizzed because I didn't get her a cake or card :? :? I've only been working on it for two days!

Can't win for losing.

Thanks for the vent.
Mine used to shyt like that so I quit doing anything for her bd so at least now we aren't both mad.

branguscowgirl":27psh5jb said:
This is a sad thread! :heart: :(
Kinda makes me glad to be single! :D
same here... i here about all this stuff between spouses.... the only reason most stay together is because they don't want to start over..it's like a business more than a marriage. Two people cohabiting for the sake of - family, finances, ect.. but few for love... at least the ones I have talked to in person are that way. :(

Shantilly":222ojcjg said:
same here... i here about all this stuff between spouses.... the only reason most stay together is because they don't want to start over..it's like a business more than a marriage. Two people cohabiting for the sake of - family, finances, ect.. but few for love... at least the ones I have talked to in person are that way.

I disagree. I found Jed's joke really rings true which makes it all the more funny. I don't think you could find a post I've made where I've said one ill word towards my wife. She's an angel. We do communicate on different levels and I could see her asking who Paula was. Next her questions would be to the genealogy and if she is related to so and so. My wife's interests are on a whole different level than mine. Its these differences, while trying at times, that make for wonderful memories. Its the melding of these two which makes for a great union and I wouldn't trade It for the world.

Jogeephus":34aubssh said:
Shantilly":34aubssh said:
same here... i here about all this stuff between spouses.... the only reason most stay together is because they don't want to start over..it's like a business more than a marriage. Two people cohabiting for the sake of - family, finances, ect.. but few for love... at least the ones I have talked to in person are that way.

I disagree. I found Jed's joke really rings true which makes it all the more funny. I don't think you could find a post I've made where I've said one ill word towards my wife. She's an angel. We do communicate on different levels and I could see her asking who Paula was. Next her questions would be to the genealogy and if she is related to so and so. My wife's interests are on a whole different level than mine. Its these differences, while trying at times, that make for wonderful memories. Its the melding of these two which makes for a great union and I wouldn't trade It for the world.
:clap: good for you Jo! Happy to hear that! :clap:

I thought it was funny because of the truth of it as well.
Heck, I was wondering who Paula was as I read it. :lol:
And M5 is right, the husband would ask about the car :lol:
Men and women do think differently. That's not a bad thing, we're designed that way.
Life would be weird if men and women thought the same way.

And Shanghai, it's funny you mention partnership.
My husband and I are business partners as well, have been for every day of our 18 years of marriage.
But he's my husband 1st and our marriage is completely separate from our business.

X2 Jo! :clap: My wife and I love each other very much and through our years of marriage we have built a history together. Last night she was just venting and I knew that, I posted while I was ducking a couple of shots during a her venting, maybe should have. We own a business together and at times thing can get stressful. Yesterday was her birthday and we made it so she can have the day off, yesterday was also the nicest day of the year so far, near 90 degrees. Well she slept in for a couple of hours and all was going well, then the call, one of our staff could not preform a task that needed to be done and it's not my area to be able to go in and do it ..... So she had to get ready and go into work for a few hours. She was not happy and I don't blame her, not buying her a cake was just part of her venting I would have been venting too if it was my day ruined. Marriage is building a history together full of memories and partnership. Not a business were two coexist.

Alan

Its important for guys to understand a woman speaks differently. Almost a totally different language. When they say they don't want anything for their birthday the translation to Mananeese is, "you should know what I want for my birthday and I expect nothing less". If you don't know you best spend some time figuring it out and if you still can't figure it out then the present best show it took some thought and effort on your part. Probably the best present I ever gave my wife was a hand drawn hand written card. She has kept this on her keepsake board for nearly 20 years.

The good lord did put men and wemon on different frequencies. Always wondered if god had a smirk going when he did it. :lol:

This thread reminded me of this joke.

As true friends, I need your opinion/help. Really need your advice for a serious problem. I have suspected for some time now that the little woman has been cheating. The usual signs; phone rings, if I answer the caller hangs up, going out with the girls a lot. I try to Stay awake to look out for her when she comes home but I usually fall asleep. Anyway last night about midnight, I hid in the shed behind the boat, when she came home she got out of someones car buttoning her blouse, then she took her panties out of her purse and slipped them on, It was at that moment while crouched behind the boat I noticed a hairline crack In the outboard mounting bracket, Is that something I can weld or do I need to replace it?

Alan, Cottage Farm, Jo.... bless you all!

Marriage goes beyond the sex and lust. It takes work. Never a negative word should be spoken about your spouse to others. That plants the seed for divorce...

Latest posts