hurt leg

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

i know this is a cattle board, but i have a problem with the PET goat of our place, and was hoping someone could help me out..

i have a 3yr old wether that got both of his front legs hung up in the split of 2 oak trees growing out of the same trunk. he hung there all night and was lodged in pretty tight.. now he cannot stand on them at all.. and they are swollen some.. he was hung just above the knees at about 30" high off the ground.

our vet said only time would tell whether nerve damage was done.. and to maybe give him some penicillin in case of any infection. he is in pain when we try to pick him up or try to put him in a sling for a little while.

i am open to any suggestions any of you might have. my wife bottle raised this goat and i get in trouble before he does..

thanks

gene

[email protected]

It makes sense that he would be sore from his adventure. I can't imagine how penicillan would help muscle soreness, but isn't there something like aspirin for animals that you could give him?

[email protected]

the penicillin was for any infection that might come along... he did rub a sore on his leg in the process.. i have been giving him some aspirin, etc for the soreness..

he still is not walking on either front leg, but is getting around on his knees some.. i figure it will take him awhile to get up and going again.

thanks gene

> It makes sense that he would be
> sore from his adventure. I can't
> imagine how penicillan would help
> muscle soreness, but isn't there
> something like aspirin for animals
> that you could give him?

[email protected]

Latest posts