Hurricane!

Help Support CattleToday:

In wet years, this area is still one of the soggiest I've ever seen anywhere.
Been really strange weather here today. North wind blowing strong all day, but it is the HOTTEST north wind I ever felt. Just didn't seem natural to have a strong N wind and it be hot on my face.

I hope all you people down in the path of Isaac are OK! You are in our prayers and absolutely in our thoughts. We went through fire terror recently, and I can totally emphathize with you on whatever Mother Nature may send to you. And if you need anything, please let us know!

Its dumping some water for sure. If you go to the NOAA radar and look at the radar and hit storm total on the rain gauge thingy you can see whose getting flooded. It shows one area with nearly 10 inches. That's a pile of water.

OK here. Some folks south of New Orleans in Plaquemine Parish had some serious problems when the water went over a levee. 30 had to be rescued from house tops etc. One nursing home had to be evacuated that I know of.
Storm was very slow moving which caused a lot of water coming down.

I'm much more to the north. Storm was downgraded from a category one hurricane to a tropical storm before it got to me. Had some fairly strong wind gusts but they were not sustained winds.
Power lines down in a lot of places as well as trees in some places.
Many offices and schools closed through Thur.

TV coverage makes it seems a lot worse than it was. Before it came in the weather people can scare you if you listen to their hype too much.
A lot of people without power and evacuations in some low areas. A lot of homes flooded, but no fatalities that I know of.
All in all in was a pretty weak storm compared to what it could have been.

Thanks for caring.

PS. On a personal note my bad back was doing a lot better. I picked up a couple of sand bags and felt OK and thought I would be alright. Put those down and started back for a couple more , then...felt like things were pulling apart in my back. :help:
Got on ice and ibuprofen and not too bad now.

My sister at St Francisville lost power at 5. She's right there close to Cypressfarms. She says it rained and rained. Sure wish she had one of my generators or my welder to save freezer food and such.

Anyone hear from Cypress lately?

Ryder":1d2pvn19 said:
Did you add a little whiskey? :p

Thanks for the update, glad you are fine. Do you know how much rain you had?

alisonb":37bqrlwk said:
Ryder":37bqrlwk said:
Did you add a little whiskey? :p
Maybe just a little (for medicinal purposes only :nod: )

Thanks for the update, glad you are fine. Do you know how much rain you had?
I don't know how much rain here, but not nearly as much as predicted.

Do you think it would be inappropriate if I stood outside and danced when the rain arrives here tonight? Cause that's what I feel like doing! Guessing around an inch for our area, much needed!

Fire Sweep Ranch":2z7didez said:
Do you think it would be inappropriate if I stood outside and danced when the rain arrives here tonight? Cause that's what I feel like doing! Guessing around an inch for our area, much needed!

Think it would be a great idea, might even get out there and wash your ol farm truck and tractors and just dare it to rain!