Hurricane Michael put electric cost in perspective.

Help Support CattleToday:

mines runs around 180 - 200 / m average in the winter with our family of 5 here all the time. heating the home to 72 degrees.

2x6 walls... R30 insulation sheets in the attic with a massive amount of blown in cellulose on top of that... with the 2" poly iso panels under the roof...

I don't even know if its raining out unless I look outside..

since they just dropped our electric rate in half I'm really going to be in high cotton.

We are about .12 per KWH, .14 after added fees.

I have a 22 KW propane generator. It would eat my lunch to run that for a long period.

HDRider":3lku2bpj said:
We are about .12 per KWH, .14 after added fees.

I have a 22 KW propane generator. It would eat my lunch to run that for a long period.
Someone needs to build a generator with a variable speed regulator and governor so it doesn't have to run full bore to provide 200 amps and 240 volts when only 10 or 15 amps are being used.

Someone needs to build a generator with a variable speed regulator and governor so it doesn't have to run full bore to provide 200 amps and 240 volts when only 10 or 15 amps are being used.
Old thread I realize, but the rpms usually regulate the cycles, not the volts/amps.
Lower rpms with same cycles might be attained by increasing the number of poles in the generator windings but at a cost of fuel efficiency as the engine would have to work harder.

Latest posts