Hurricane Jeanne

Help Support CattleToday:

greenpasture78":128m5yit said:
Hang on to yer hats, here she comes! They said if Jeanne hits land, it will be an US record for most hurricanes in a single season!
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WEATHER/09/23/s ... index.html
FYI, Ivan is heading for TX and LA (might want to lock those gators in corrals LA4). He just won't die don't he?

GP, you are about as full of cra'p as as a Thanksgiving turkey
We are still interested in the rules of genetics that Angus breeders broke that you spoke of a few months ago. Please inform us of your knowledge of genetics, besides being the offspring of a mother/son mating. We are all listening.

Not that much rain BullLady. I doubt central Texas will get much, if any, but Houston is supposed to get pounded the next couple days. Expecting 10+ inches by Saturday.

LA4, you need to learn to enjoy life at its fullest! It was a joke, an Louisiana joke...

GP perhaps you should add a signature to your posting, I suggest:

na na na na na :p

and here is your perfect avatar:

mooningBart.jpg
[/img]

greenpasture78":3lk1s7u4 said:
LA4, you need to learn to enjoy life at its fullest! It was a joke, an Louisiana joke...
You better be good little boy. I gonna PM the Administrator and tattle on you

greenpasture78":3n4r8v43 said:

GP
Common with the rules of genetics that Angus Breeders broke
You brought the topic up. Now explain. We are waiting on your knowledge.

Jeanne is expected to skirt the coast of my county...3 weeks to the day since Frances smacked us. Once Frances left and Ivan came into the picture, we got 7 inches of rain from the remnants of Ivan which crossed over us and went on to LA and TX. Water managers are getting VERY nervous. I haven't even had power for a full week yet from Frances. I did get my roof fixed, but I don't know if it has had time to stick good yet. Barn blew away in Frances and all my tools, saddles, feed and such are sitting on my front porch with no where to hide. Insurance company tried to settle with $8/ square foot to replace the barn. Think adjuster was sniffing glue that day. What gives?

Possibly because you live in an high risk area esp. when there another hurricane on the scope. I think that is what givin'.

greenpasture78":2hmbjuhn said:
Possibly because you live in an high risk area esp. when there another hurricane on the scope. I think that is what givin'.
GP, I doubt if D.R. or any of the people in Florida need/want/deserve your smartass comments right now....

The question was:
Insurance company tried to settle with $8/ square foot to replace the barn. Think adjuster was sniffing glue that day. What gives?

The answer was:

The next answer was:
GP, I doubt if D.R. or any of the people in Florida need/want/deserve your smartass comments right now....

I don't agree with gp very often but I thing that you comment Texan was a little out of line. I kinda agree with gp on this one. That IS probably the reason why the insurance company dosen't want to pay him what they should. GP didn't say it was right because it's not but it IS probably the reason.

txshowmom":54sq54fy said:
I thing that you comment Texan was a little out of line.
Well, I didn't ask you, did I? Maybe that was a mistake. Maybe I should start runnin' 'em by you first to see what you thing.

txshowmom":54sq54fy said:
I kinda agree with gp on this one.
You would. Learn more about you everyday....

Guys don't be ridiculous.

GP- a high risk area should have nothing to do with fairly settling a claim. I paid the premium, now I want my property replaced. They gave me $250 to replace some missing shingles. Roofers won't even talk to you for $250. Luckily I fixed it myself. I'll build a new barn myself too, but again the point is they should be settling at fair market replacement. If I hired an adjuster to look at my premiums..wonder what figure he'd come up with then?

Who does the adjustor work for, the insurance company.
A friend of mine has his tractor business burn to the ground. The adjustor wanted to give them squat. He fought them for about 6 months then went to some big cheese in the company. Surprise, surprise, he got full value and the adjuster got canned.

dun

You need to read you policy. Even if you pay high premiums you need to make sure you have replacement value coverage. If you have a barn that is 15 years oly and it blows down the insurance company is only going to pay you on the life "they say" the barn has left in it. The barn may well hold up for another 20 years but if they say that a barn is good for 20 years then they are only going to pay you 25% of its value. If you have replacement cost then they will pay you what it cost to replace your barn (up to the limits of your policy) even if the barn is 100 years old.

txshowmom":3nrq3xm5 said:
You need to read you policy. Even if you pay high premiums you need to make sure you have replacement value coverage. If you have a barn that is 15 years oly and it blows down the insurance company is only going to pay you on the life "they say" the barn has left in it. The barn may well hold up for another 20 years but if they say that a barn is good for 20 years then they are only going to pay you 25% of its value. If you have replacement cost then they will pay you what it cost to replace your barn (up to the limits of your policy) even if the barn is 100 years old.
Thats true, I ALWAYS carry replacement value insurance. But maybe thats not available in high risk areas.

Latest posts