Hurricane Dennis

Help Support CattleToday:

stocky

Reaction score
I know that the farmers in the southeast have been very, very dry. I hope all of you have been getting some rain and are getting some rain. More than that, I wish all of you safety and protection from any damage or destruction from this storm. We are all watching and I am sure all of us are wishing you the best in this time of the storm. Good luck, Best wishes, and God protect.

stocky":irjlqb7t said:
I know that the farmers in the southeast have been very, very dry. I hope all of you have been getting some rain and are getting some rain. More than that, I wish all of you safety and protection from any damage or destruction from this storm. We are all watching and I am sure all of us are wishing you the best in this time of the storm. Good luck, Best wishes, and God protect.

Thanks for the thoughts. We have a house full of people who are in the mandatory evacuation areas. I'm about 150 miles north of the coast but last year in IVAN we got 70-80 MPH winds. Looks like people in the midwest are gonna get rain from Dennis too.

I'm way up in North Al. and lost 65 shingles to Ivan. I hope this one is not as bad. Good luck to the folks futher south.

Bama":a2sz70xo said:
I'm way up in North Al. and lost 65 shingles to Ivan. I hope this one is not as bad. Good luck to the folks futher south.

One of the big negatives of a hurricane is the "Spin-off" tornados and flooding.

I still have trees down in the pasture from Ivan. I just ain't had time to cut them up yet. Those folks in Mobile and surrrounding area are gonna take a beating again.

Bama":1zajshdh said:
I still have trees down in the pasture from Ivan. I just ain't had time to cut them up yet. Those folks in Mobile and surrrounding area are gonna take a beating again.

same here. we are starting to get some of it now. had some rain earlier but now we are getting some outskirt stuff that was spawning tornadoes in north florida about 1 or 2 hours ago. and i'm on the computer. :roll:

Hope ya'll can make it through everything. I hope we don't get a Hurricanie here we just finshed building back up our barns.

As it turned out it was a blessing in our neck of the woods. We had 2" of much need rain at noon today and its still raining. The winds never really got bad this far north. I hope everone futher south faired as well as I did.

Bama":owiea4l5 said:
As it turned out it was a blessing in our neck of the woods. We had 2" of much need rain at noon today and its still raining. The winds never really got bad this far north. I hope everone futher south faired as well as I did.
We got 4" and no damage down here in Montgomery. Brewton and Atmore got hit pretty hard. Glad you got some rain!

We got waxed. Don't know how much rain but flooding like I've never seen before. Got to take off from my day job to fix a missing 40 foot water gap that has grown (could be more gaps to fix). Dad's house had minor flooding as well as mine. Rental house crawl space was under water. A newly constructed county bridge that we use daily had to be shut down because of damage.

Wewild":2qod1v6h said:
We got waxed. Don't know how much rain but flooding like I've never seen before. Got to take off from my day job to fix a missing 40 foot water gap that has grown (could be more gaps to fix). Dad's house had minor flooding as well as mine. Rental house crawl space was under water. A newly constructed county bridge that we use daily had to be shut down because of damage.

My prayers are with yall.

Same here Wewild. we got way too much rain. Ive got pictures coming soon. we got some wind, nothing too bad. a few neighbors lost big pecan trees and we had a huge pine limb that fell and stuck into the ground one foot. i had to really pull on it hard to get it out and it was sharp to boot. would have easily impaled someone. but the flooding is what is the worst. all of the ponds were overflowing the dams.

Thanks Caustic. I quess Dennis saved the rain for us Beefy.

We already had saturated ground from the girl that passed through.

we did too, alot of our peanuts have long since drowned. i might charge admission for the cotton field canyons.

Latest posts