Hunting Dog

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl_telly_369

Reaction score
Thought I'd share a picture of our puppy, in training to be a hunting dog. She's been out of training for two months now, due to an injury. She's a purebred lab, 5 1/2 months old.

S6300383.JPG

Jogeephus":27kp9vnf said:
That's going to be a big dog. What happened to her leg?

Well, dad was throwing her dummy for her. She jumped up on the box on a flatbed trailer, and got her leg stuck between the trailer and the box on it. She broke the growth plate in her knee, ended up having surgery, thought they were putting pins in it, but they ended up not having to.

Great looking pup! Lots of leg on her (got a male black lab that looks the same) Bet she will be a big one. Wouldn't worry too much about her being out of training for awhile, she is pretty young. We tend to just work on obedience training for the first year and a little bit of retreiving(JMHO)

On another note, if you get the Cabela's catelogs, immediately throw away the Chirstmas one! It has the most adorable yellow lab on the cover :roll: I'm a sucker for those puppies!

MistyMorning":1cendeej said:
Great looking pup! Lots of leg on her (got a male black lab that looks the same) Bet she will be a big one. Wouldn't worry too much about her being out of training for awhile, she is pretty young. We tend to just work on obedience training for the first year and a little bit of retreiving(JMHO)

On another note, if you get the Cabela's catelogs, immediately throw away the Chirstmas one! It has the most adorable yellow lab on the cover :roll: I'm a sucker for those puppies!

:lol: I'll make sure I don't look for dad's Cabela's catalog.

Nice looking dog, I see she likes the chewies also, just like ours, half eating chewies all over the house and yard. Double the time you think she needs before working that leg too hard. Will she be hunting the wet western side or the multi bird eastern side of the hill?

Alan

Alan":11uywzga said:
Nice looking dog, I see she likes the chewies also, just like ours, half eating chewies all over the house and yard. Double the time you think she needs before working that leg too hard. Will she be hunting the wet western side or the multi bird eastern side of the hill?

Alan

I'm going to have to say the wet western side. lol.