Hunting dog with bad shoulder

Help Support CattleToday:

MistyMorning

Reaction score
We have two labs one about 9 and one 3. The older one was diagnosed with anaplasmosis(sp) this spring. We did the antibiotics and he has since seemed much better. Once in awhile his shoulder starts bugging him and he limps some. This usually only lasts for a day. The vet told us this is probably arthritis as a result of the disease. He suggests we get him on some glucosamine. Has anyone ever used it on your dogs and if so does is seem to help at all?

Thanks for any suggestions.

There is a supplement called Missing Link with glucosamine that they love. I have tried just a glucosamine supplement and my dog wouldn't eat it but would knock you down for the Missing Link.

Use a product called UBA Vet. It has glucosamine. It helped my dog with her elbow dysplacia for about two years before we had to get her onto other medication.

My dog Nick, shown in my avatar, was virtually paralyzed with severe arthritis two winters back. Put him on one-half tablet of over the counter Osteo-BiFlex(glucosamine/chondroiten)daily and he's living like he was only ten years old again! (He's 14.) Hide the tab in a piece of bread rolled into a small ball with the tab in the middle or mash it down into a portion of canned loaf dog food and your dog will swallow it down.

Latest posts