Hunting Club

Help Support CattleToday:

I gave money back every year to a member or two that joined.
Usually the biggest problem was looking at them in the mirror every morning.
When it comes to a white tail deer will make a man break most of the ten commandments.

highgrit":11n331vz said:
Don't you have some good hunting in the Land Between the Lakes area?? I hunted there in the early 90's and killed a couple of good bucks both in the mid 30's. It was just to far for us to travel, but we saw some fine bucks. Been wanting to get back there ever since. We have a little place in Manchester now, it's only 200ac but has some decent bucks on it. But nothing like the bucks in LBL though.
LBL is a quota hunt that you have to be drawn for, luck of the draw.

Compared to most public hunting, LBL is well above average. I have road a mule on the north south trail many times. You get the opportunity to see some nice bucks on that ride. Just my opinion, but I think when deer were introduced back in our area, LBL was blessed with some good genetics. I have always thought if someone hunted, and was adept at mountain biking, they get in there were the mature deer are.

I drove through Caldwell county, and Princeton today, went to a new years day roping. Saw deer in almost every field, on almost every road. We've got a weather change coming. That might have had something to do with it.

Bigfoot":3p3jc7iu said:
I drove through Caldwell county, and Princeton today, went to a new years day roping. Saw deer in almost every field, on almost every road. We've got a weather change coming. That might have had something to do with it.

That is just weird we hunted Caldwell county in Texas this year and one of the places the boy is looking is Caldwell county in Ky.