Hunting and Fishing

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
An amendment was just passed guaranteeing us the right to hunt and fish. I really thought we had that right without this amendment. This is only for the Texas members only. I never read it what was in the amendment.

hurleyjd":39fjgo2s said:
An amendment was just passed guaranteeing us the right to hunt and fish. I really thought we had that right without this amendment. This is only for the Texas members only. I never read it what was in the amendment.
Wonder if it will work when the wife says "NO". :lol: :lol:

Did the amendment define hunting and fishing? The cockroaches in DC couldn't define sex so what exactly constitutes hunting? A magnifying glass in one hand as you fry ants could be considered hunting ants. I think we have to many lawyers in office.

hurleyjd":3di51w1y said:
Always had it, but not guaranteed by a state constitutional amendment. This amendment codifies previous legislation and will make it nearly impossible for any future governor or even the legislature to take these rights away without the public getting to vote for or against repeal of this amendment and the legislature would need 2/3 majority to pass a repeal--not a simple majority.
An explanation:
http://ballotpedia.org/Texas_Right_to_H ... on_6_(2015)

Probably preemptive to block the peta and hsus anti hunting/fishing crap.

dun":1kyq84q2 said:
Probably preemptive to block the peta and hsus anti hunting/fishing crap.

Yes, that was my understanding. I put this right up there with trying to take my guns. You better come prepared to do so and decide which side of the fence you're on.