Huntin from the bedroom

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
I've had varmits coming onto my carport and eating catfood and even tore up a sack of cubes that I sat out of the truck. So last night I decided to varmit hunt.
I took the screen out of the bedroom window,moved the vehicles out of the carport and layed in bed waiting for them to show up.I used the only rifle I had without a scope which was my old model 94 30-30.
1st kill a coon.2nd a possum,and the third another coon.
I can say for sure that's the first time i've shot varmits while laying in bed. :lol: :lol:

Cal

Angus Cowman":3vx68vn9 said:
I am just wondering what else you put holes in cause I know that coon didn't stop that 30-30
Probably the hill in front of the house. Would have used a 22 but it has a scope and was shooting a distance of about 15 ft.That ol 30-30 took one coon's head clean off. :lol: :lol:

Cal

Calman":am0p8ujp said:
Angus Cowman":am0p8ujp said:
I am just wondering what else you put holes in cause I know that coon didn't stop that 30-30
Probably the hill in front of the house. Would have used a 22 but it has a scope and was shooting a distance of about 15 ft.That ol 30-30 took one coon's head clean off. :lol: :lol:

Cal
I hope in the future, we don't also have to protect our homes in the same manner against another kind of intruder---I'm READY !!! :tiphat:

Cal[/quote]
I hope in the future, we don't also have to protect our homes in the same manner against another kind of intruder---I'm READY !!! :tiphat:[/quote]

What with all the meth heads running around and the outlook of the economy,and not to leave out gangbangers and all other lowlifes,it's just plain common sence to have a gun of your choice and be trained on how to use it.
If you plan on trying something at my home you need to keep in mind that I aim to stop it quickly with the least amount of harm to me and my family.
And I WILL call 911 after i'm finished with doing what I need to do.
My thinking, a man or woman that's not prepared to protect their own home are not very smart.

Cal

Cal I see it just like you but state it a bit different. I want to be prepared physically and mentally to KILL when the situation becomes that dire. When a loved on is in danger or even potential danger I want to eliminate the danger immediately. I won't be shotting a 22 either. Better to be judged by 12 of your peers than carried by 6 of your friends.

TexasBred":1dh3pok2 said:
Cal I see it just like you but state it a bit different. I want to be prepared physically and mentally to KILL when the situation becomes that dire. When a loved on is in danger or even potential danger I want to eliminate the danger immediately. I won't be shotting a 22 either. Better to be judged by 12 of your peers than carried by 6 of your friends.
Uncle Sam trained me----My families welfare is MY responsibility !!! :nod: :nod:

Ryder":33s1c5jg said:
Calman did you use something to cover up your ears before you shot off that gun inside the house? Or maybe you are aleady stone deaf. :)

Gotta admit it was awful loud. But my hearing is bad anyhow.Went quail hunting years ago with a couple guys.Idiot in the front seat was playing with his 12 gauge and it went off.Now that's loud.
It also went through the floor board blew the gas line into and bounced off the frame and into the radiator
putting several holes in it. IDIOT for sure.

Cal

Latest posts