Do you put rugs on your kitchen floor?

• yes

Votes: 48 60.8%
  • no

Votes: 31 39.2%

• Total voters

angie1

Reaction score
I know its an odd question, but'll only take a second ~ yes or no. I am talking about throw rugs, not carpet. I need a cross section sample of people and this is the best place for me to get that. Please resist the temptation to vote more than once. :roll: I appreciate your participation ~ have a Groovy Tuesday!

OK ~ 8 views and not one vote. :(
It's not a trick question, there is no wrong answers.
You do not need to post a response, just pick y or n.

ga. prime":2tstswpy said:
I have strong feelings on this and regret that I can vote only once.
:lol2:
See, it is interesting you vote yes. I was told that it is "unheard of" in the south (a stimulating conversation to be sure), which surprised me, so I was thinking it was a northern thing. I was not surprised Toby voted yes. See? Anyhow ~ thank you guys!

I have before and have since abandoned them. They get too dirty and I am kind of a clean freak. We hear house shoes in the winter, the kitched and a lot of the house is tiled, to keep the footsies warm. I just think they get too nasty and I hate seeing a nasty rug on the floor. My dog tends to urinate on throw rugs, too, so taking them out eliminates the temptation. I don't even have bathmats for that reason. She won't pee on carpet but she loves a good rug.

I hope world peace wasn't resting on my reply!!!!

Gotta have one in front of the door, kitchen sink, bathroom sink and beside the bed. I have some that my Mom had made up.She saved old bluejeans and my Dad's bib overalls. Tore them into strips and rolled them into balls and took them to a lady that would weave them into rugs. Very sturdy, very washable rugs. I still have a few of those rugs.

Yes, we have one on the outside of every door and one on the inside of every door. I suppose in a drier climate they would be less necessary, but here, this time of year we have a lot of mud .

angie, now you've got me thinking about all the little nuances of rug depolyment and I can see this is much bigger and more complicated than I ever dreamed . Well, I'm off to take my medicine for OCD .

Larry

Lammie":24uk7hqp said:
I have before and have since abandoned them. They get too dirty and I am kind of a clean freak. We hear house shoes in the winter, the kitched and a lot of the house is tiled, to keep the footsies warm. I just think they get too nasty and I hate seeing a nasty rug on the floor. My dog tends to urinate on throw rugs, too, so taking them out eliminates the temptation. I don't even have bathmats for that reason. She won't pee on carpet but she loves a good rug.

I hope world peace wasn't resting on my reply!!!!

Right on, Lammie!!! Considering all the mess moving from sink to sink to stove to range, dishwater, like chicken blood, meat drippings, tuna juice, egg yolks and whatever else moves through that zone, it makes no sense to have a rug near the kitchen sink. Only to stand on it and then track it through the house. Now I can see why the northerners might have to have one given they wake up with iced feet but they do make slippers up there, don't they? ;-)

I have door mats outside all the doors and one in the entryway. We try to take our shoes off before we go into a carpeted area. We just got new carpet in the living room so I want to keep it nice.

Rugs are easy to wash, aren't they :help: Good dogs DO NOT "P" in the house, NEVER :roll:

Never seen a kitchen without rugs. :???: Course I ain't spend much time in the South. :oops:

Boss Lady not only has a rug by the sink, also one that has the dog food and water on it. A rug by each entry door. the guest bathroom, the laundry room. Heck she even has rugs on top the carpet. :cowboy:

No throw rugs anywhere in my house. Those things fly out from under you causing terrible pain when you land on your a$$.

No.
Had more trouble with the one I had in front of the sink then anything else in the house. Kept slipping on it while cooking and was worried I would fall and break something.

Don't think I've ever seen a kitchen without throw rugs. Ours are there for a reason. When the wife pulls supper out of the oven, they catch all the ashes and unrecognizables that fall off.

Hummmm...well,yes and no--can't vote--one inside the back /kitchen door for thecats to sun on,one outside the front door for sand,bathmats.. oh,they make that rug nonslip stuff you put under the rug to stop the slipping,...Don't have one bu the sink,cause it catches my walker wheels.

I luv herfrds":2dsbpzhk said:
No.
Had more trouble with the one I had in front of the sink then anything else in the house. Kept slipping on it while cooking and was worried I would fall and break something.

Your problem is easily solved. Quit cooking!

I think they make great tender for a fire! So if yawl want to burn your trailer house down go ahead and put a rug on the floor in front of your hot plate sittin' on the counter.

Latest posts