Humor me here...(Southern Edition)

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
In response to angie's overwhelmingly popular throw rug discussion, I've taken it upon myself to shed light on this prying question: When a northern redneck goes on a shopping spree, does he feel the need to park the fruits of his labor in the wife's front yard? Or are the yards up there covered in snow except for 3 weeks in July?

Img_2743.jpg

Two more vehicles and I won't have to mow this year.

That looks alot like my yard, except my yard aint quite that big. But I do have 2 pickups, 2 trailers, A tractor and half an old antique rake.

I ummmm mowed my yard last August and ummm found a old car I had forgotten about. :shock: :oops:

Jogeephus":3vxcpj91 said:
As long as she is a Ga Tech fan I doubt she would mind. Nice truck.

Thanks. I'm having the most fun that I've had in a long time learning to drive the thing. Drug the trailer out of a friend of mine's yard this morning after church, it had a 15' tall paradise tree growing thru the floor. He didn't charge any extra for the tree.

mnmtranching":3k0tzxsi said:
I ummmm mowed my yard last August and ummm found a old car I had forgotten about. :shock: :oops:

That's what I'm talking about! I picked up this habit from my father of setting used oil filters on top of posts upside down to drain them. That's fine until the cows knock them over in the yard and I run them thru the lawnmower. Bounced one off the side of the house from 20' away.

cfpinz":lswbz49e said:
mnmtranching":lswbz49e said:

That's what I'm talking about! I picked up this habit from my father of setting used oil filters on top of posts upside down to drain them. That's fine until the cows knock them over in the yard and I run them thru the lawnmower. Bounced one off the side of the house from 20' away.

Your going to have to learn how to aim a little better, a couple years ago I took out the fixed half of a sliding glass door, and the year before that I took out the extended cab glass on the ranger. Wife mows now.

rocket2222":3jgrzegu said:
cfpinz":3jgrzegu said:
mnmtranching":3jgrzegu said:

Your going to have to learn how to aim a little better, a couple years ago I took out the fixed half of a sliding glass door, and the year before that I took out the extended cab glass on the ranger. Wife mows now.

now was that accidentally on purpus? so as you could get out of the mowing.... :lol: :help:

My wife has given up on a nice big yard she has resigned herself to the 30x40 spot that I don't park anything on and she doesn't complain because she realizes the ease of parking nest to the house
Now she does have a front yard but only because our drive comes in from the back :lol:

Well pinz, that's a nice lookin truck, my wife would not object to that in the front yard only because she's seen me do much worse . My guess is that a northern redneck operates much in the same way as a southern redneck only with gloves on . A man's got to do what he's gotta do, then deal with his wife later (like 6:00 when she gets home from work) . Just be creative when answering her questions, example, where did you get the truck ?,answer, I won it in a raffle,wife- why is there a check missing out of the checkbook ? Larry- I had to pay for the raffle ticket . I'm sure there are many other ideas, the raffle is just one :lol2: .

Anyway, I like the truck, 466 or cummins ?

Larry

Easy to tell that ain't an upnort truck. We got salt and slime everywhere. All vehicles rust out before they die. :cry2:

larryshoat":36ol2v6b said:
Well pinz, that's a nice lookin truck, my wife would not object to that in the front yard only because she's seen me do much worse . My guess is that a northern redneck operates much in the same way as a southern redneck only with gloves on . A man's got to do what he's gotta do, then deal with his wife later (like 6:00 when she gets home from work) . Just be creative when answering her questions, example, where did you get the truck ?,answer, I won it in a raffle,wife- why is there a check missing out of the checkbook ? Larry- I had to pay for the raffle ticket . I'm sure there are many other ideas, the raffle is just one :lol2: .

Anyway, I like the truck, 466 or cummins ?

Larry

M11 with a 9spd. Can't exactly be creative with the truck, she rode with me to GA to pick it up. I didn't tell her about the trailer beforehand, not that she'd be upset but I just love to see the look on her face when I show up with something stupid. She didn't even flinch this time, must be getting immune. That's alright, I'm going to another auction this weekend. Time to up the ante.

cfpinz":2qu4uxn8 said:
Or are the yards up there covered in snow except for 3 weeks in July?

No

cfpinz":2qu4uxn8 said:
M11 with a 9spd. Can't exactly be creative with the truck, she rode with me to GA to pick it up. I didn't tell her about the trailer beforehand, not that she'd be upset but I just love to see the look on her face when I show up with something stupid. She didn't even flinch this time, must be getting immune. That's alright, I'm going to another auction this weekend. Time to up the ante.

Don't push your luck Tightwad!

P.S. That wife of yours is a saint. :nod:

chrisy":1jb0k7zy said:
now was that accidentally on purpus? so as you could get out of the mowing.... :lol: :help:

Nah, just a case of me thinking I'm Jackie Stewart when I'm on the mower. If the grass is a little damp or wet you can really get a mower to slide around pretty good if you run it wide open, you throw up a few rocks and it doesn't always look great, but It puts the fun back into mowing the yard. :)

Well I've been looking around for northern redneck sightings (other than myself) so I saw this today, this guy has a gravity bed wagon in his front yard, covered with a blue nylon tarp, with an auger running through the window to his house to fill his corn stove . It's a thing of beauty for sure .

Larry

Latest posts