Hummingbirds

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
The migration must have started. My feeders are covered up. We've never had this many hummingbirds and it all started last week. Skeeter population around the house decreased too.

We have been seeing less birds on our feeder and the ones we have been seeing are smaller ones, I think the mature ones leave earlier, a long with the males, must be heading your way.

backhoeboogie":i1v9ovh7 said:
The migration must have started. My feeders are covered up. We've never had this many hummingbirds and it all started last week. Skeeter population around the house decreased too.

They are gathering up here as well that's about a month early.

Caustic Burno":1rwlfz72 said:
backhoeboogie":1rwlfz72 said:

They are gathering up here as well that's about a month early.

Are they trying to tell us it's going to be an early fall/winter?

I've been seeing several signs of early winter. Persimmon seeds are mature with kernel. Wooly worms have been here 2 weeks, army worms a few weeks earlier than normal, sparkle berry made an early crop.

M-5":9kppshdw said:
I've been seeing several signs of early winter. Persimmon seeds are mature with kernel. Wooly worms have been here 2 weeks, army worms a few weeks earlier than normal, sparkle berry made an early crop.
The lime green butterfly's have been on the ground since last week here.

True Grit Farms":gjos4f8q said:
M-5":gjos4f8q said:
Old timers say it's 6 weeks to first frost .

M-5":234qrbf8 said:
True Grit Farms":234qrbf8 said:
M-5":234qrbf8 said:
The rut is going to be early this year, most of the bucks are rubbed out already.

M-5":3hn7m18j said:
True Grit Farms":3hn7m18j said:
M-5":3hn7m18j said:

I sure hope so. I'm ready.

Latest posts