Humans not needed much longer.......

Help Support CattleToday:

Ron,
I guess I don't expect to gain any thing from complaining. And I don't see things changing either. I guess, somewhere in my simple mind, that I hope someone somewhere will read something that I typed and a light bulb will come on for them and they might realize that it's time to get off their butt and do something because it's the right thing to do. Because giving back and being productive is vital. If no one gives there will soon be nothing to take. But I know that this is only a romantic dream and not reality.

JMJ Farms":21b0gajj said:
Ron,
I guess I don't expect to gain any thing from complaining. And I don't see things changing either. I guess, somewhere in my simple mind, that I hope someone somewhere will read something that I typed and a light bulb will come on for them and they might realize that it's time to get off their butt and do something because it's the right thing to do. Because giving back and being productive is vital. If no one gives there will soon be nothing to take. But I know that this is only a romantic dream and not reality.

For 40 years, there have been austere committees of some of America's most respected leaders and experts trying to come up with plans to address entitlements. I remember one that was chaired by the great Senator Allen Simpson from Wyoming. That committee came in with a fair and just means of dealing with entitlements which everyone knows is the fly in the ointment. It lasted one year and was abandoned.

It is not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it is reality that entitlements are here to stay.

For those who enjoy reminding us of them on a daily basis, I say, Carry On.

Entitlement? I'm entitled to everything that I've worked for. The freeloaders and deadbeats shouldn't be entitled to a dang thing. If your able bodied and don't work you need to leave or starve to death. We have plenty of people who want to come here and work. Fact is anyone who wants to work can be successful in the US of A.

True Grit Farms":23187i4a said:
Entitlement? I'm entitled to everything that I've worked for. The freeloaders and deadbeats shouldn't be entitled to a dang thing. If your able bodied and don't work you need to leave or starve to death. We have plenty of people who want to come here and work. Fact is anyone who wants to work can be successful in the US of A.

No arguments there. Both parties have had opportunities to address entitlement reform. They both are scared to death of it for too many reasons to identify here. BTW: reform will require more than a President. It never ceases to amaze me how many Americans don't understand where power is in the good ole USA. It is in our pockets!!!

So were does the power stand in all of your other great countries, obviously it must not be in their pockets, the good old us of a invented that. :deadhorse:

haase":3kfyqtm0 said:
So were does the power stand in all of your other great countries, obviously it must not be in their pockets, the good old us of a invented that. :deadhorse:

haase, there is more diversity as to where power comes from on a world basis. Money is certainly the source of power in the USA. I think Russia is in the same category. In the middle east, Religion is power. China is one country where the central government truly holds power.

My point about power is that we expect more from our President than he has the power to deliver. There is far more power in the US Senate and even the House. The legislature is where laws are made. The legislature are where the purse strings of the nation is controlled.

That is one of many reasons why it is impossible to reform "entitlements". BTW: Grit, I didn't invent the term. That is what legislative mandates that provide guaranteed benefits are called. Neither party is willing to face the wrath of angry voters who have their benefits cut. Whether it is Social Security, Medicare, welfare, etc. Elected officials know where the power is. It is in currency.

Ron, I know were your coming from, the only difference I see in our country is that we have the ability here more than other countries to get back what we put in, but the more that drags us down the harder it gets, each morning I wake up I believe that what I accomplish that day has more affect on my life than what the potus can do, just my :2cents:

Ron, we both have the right to disagree, and I respect your beliefs, doesn't mean I agree and dont believe that you have to agree with mine, but as this topic goes as far as people wanting to work and make a living for their families, they're are to many that just want to get the free hand outside, I'm not complaining, have been paying for it the most of my life, have been in business for over 35 years of my life and that's a few of different presidents, didn't change my life one bit, still had the same goal, probably could have retired at least twice in them 35 years and been fine, but I feel that that is giving up, many paychecks that I have made out in that time has came from my pocketbook, and that doesn't bother me one bit, I feel that I'm putting in the effort for me, but also other families, that's what great about this country, if we loose that, we have nothing, probably why we have more people trying to get in here than any other country, if you don't like it than get your lazy arse out of here.

Latest posts