Human use of livestock wormer

Help Support CattleToday:

Ebenezer

I could not get your link to work. The abstract loaded but it locked up.

I just wanted to mention that ivermectin has always been for use in humans. If my memory serves me, it was originally developed to treat human parasites. The Ivermectin family of parasiticides goes back to the 1970s. Ivermectin was one of the first successful parasiticides used in humans.

Some years ago a lady friend of my had some sort of a small parasite. I don't remember what it was. I do remember she had small blisters around her wrists The doctor prescribed some drug that cost her nearly $100. It didn't work. She did some research on it and found that in 3rd world countries they treated this with Imovec. She asked me for some. Put a long cc in a shot glass of wine and down the hatch. Cleared her right up. I could have given her Imovec Plus in case she had liver flukes but didn't feel it was needed.

Bright Raven said:
Ebenezer

I just wanted to mention that ivermectin has always been for use in humans. If my memory serves me, it was originally developed to treat human parasites. The Ivermectin family of parasiticides goes back to the 1970s. Ivermectin was one of the first successful parasiticides used in humans.
You are correct. It was developed for human use. We met some of the family of the discoverer/inventor.

Bright Raven said:
Ebenezer

Blowhard..... :D ;-)

callmefence said:
Bright Raven said:
Ebenezer

Blowhard..... :D ;-)

Shortbus. :cboy: :lol:

Dave said:
Some years ago a lady friend of my had some sort of a small parasite. I don't remember what it was. I do remember she had small blisters around her wrists The doctor prescribed some drug that cost her nearly $100. It didn't work. She did some research on it and found that in 3rd world countries they treated this with Imovec. She asked me for some. Put a long cc in a shot glass of wine and down the hatch. Cleared her right up. I could have given her Imovec Plus in case she had liver flukes but didn't feel it was needed.
Sounds like scabies. Burrowers..Wretched itching in any soft skin areas, but especially the web between fingers.

We have two friends using the dog wormer. Other treatments have failed and both had limited time. Know of a man who has had good results after being told he had a few months and nothing else they could do.

elkwc said:
We have two friends using the dog wormer. Other treatments have failed and both had limited time. Know of a man who has had good results after being told he had a few months and nothing else they could do.

Keep us posted on how they go.

Phenylbutazone (Bute) was used on humans, too. The US military still had it listed in their old corpsman books from the 1990s. Great drug, except when people died randomly. Large animal vet I knew died after using it for a bum knee.

I could not get the link to pull up, but isn't ivermectin associated with spinal canal lipomatosis? I have had more than one vet warn me to be careful with applications.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-australia-ivermectin-antiparasitic-drug-kills-covid19-in-lab/news-story/615c435e56aefc4b704f4fd890bd4c2c?fbclid=IwAR2RPDe6ur7rqsSu1OqwQJa2nphTdYKE4wthSBucymyUpPA_9S7PrXxh3Yc

My buddy and I worked some cattle a couple weeks ago and I told him to pour some on him to prevent the rona. He thought I was joking.

When I was younger I accidentally spilled some down my leg. Didnt have tics or chiggers for almost a year. Use to do it once a year or so when I hog hunted a lot.