HSUS Beeing SUED!!

Help Support CattleToday:

AngusLimoX

Reaction score
Multi-Million Dollar Animal Rights Group Accused of Corruption; Lawsuit Available at www.HumaneWatch.org

Washington – In a landmark RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act) lawsuit certain to have far-reaching implications for the animal rights movement, Feld Entertainment and the Ringling Brothers circus sued the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), its lawyers, and several other animal rights groups last week. The nonprofit Center for Consumer Freedom (CCF) unearthed the lawsuit in federal court records today. CCF is making the lawsuit available online at its newest website, http://www.HumaneWatch.org.

"America's farmers, ranchers, hunters, fishermen, research scientists, fashion designers, and restaurateurs have seen for decades how the animal rights movement can behave like a mobbed-up racket," said CCF Director of Research David Martosko. "But it's still shocking to see the evidence laid out on paper. In a treble-damage lawsuit like this, a jury could actually do the humane thing and finally put HSUS out of business completely."

In its February 16 lawsuit, Feld leveled bribery, fraud, obstruction of justice, and money laundering charges against HSUS and two of its corporate attorneys; three other animal rights groups; the Washington, DC law firm of Meyer Glitzenstein & Crystal; and all three of that firm's named partners.

On December 30, 2009, Federal Judge Emmitt Sullivan ruled that these defendants collaborated to pay more than $190,000 to Mr. Tom Rider, a former Feld employee who was an elephant "barn helper" for two years in the late 1990s, in exchange for his impeached testimony against Feld in an earlier lawsuit—testimony Judge Sullivan declared "not credible" and disregarded in its entirety. That lawsuit was dismissed.

Feld is also suing Mr. Rider, and a nonprofit "Wildlife Advocacy Project" charity, claiming that Meyer Glitzenstein & Crystal used it to funnel money from their plaintiff clients to Mr. Rider. These clients included the Fund for Animals, which merged with HSUS in 2004.

"The new HumaneWatch website is the only place the public will be able to read this lawsuit," Martosko added. "We're publishing a treasure trove of information about the Humane Society of the United States, including lots of surprising documents that HSUS would rather remain hidden from its contributors."

Last week CCF launched http://www.HumaneWatch.org, an online watchdog project dedicated to analyzing HSUS's activities and keeping the group honest. It includes a blog, an interactive document library, and a growing body of information about HSUS-related organizations and staff.

To read this explosive federal racketeering lawsuit, visit http://www.HumaneWatch.org. To arrange an interview, call Allison Miller at 202-463-7112
The Center for Consumer Freedom is a nonprofit watchdog organization that informs the public about the activities of tax-exempt activist groups. It is supported by American consumers, business organizations, and foundations.

Well..... I'm glad they're being sued. I hope they can make their case and put the hooks into the HSUS bunch. Many, many people don't know the difference in HSUS and just the plain Humane Society. HSUS takes a lot of donations that were meant for the Humane Society. I believe they chose their name to play on the reputation of the Humane Society. But the Center for Consumer Freedom is a front for resturants and other food groups. Not exactly an unbiased organization.

If they go after HSUS I'll worry about what consumer freedoms they are after latter.
They can't possible be worse than HSUS

Howdyjabo":2pjcj5uf said:
If they go after HSUS I'll worry about what consumer freedoms they are after latter.
They can't possible be worse than HSUS
At least the CCF isn;t trying to put us all out of business, that in itself give them a favorable image to me

There is no such thing as an unbiased organization. They all have an agenda. I'll take the CCF agenda over that of HSUS any day.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I had read a little "blurb" about this elsewhere, not sure where, may have been WSJ. Hadn't followed up on it yet.

Thanks for posting this info AgusLimoX. Good on them!

It's about friggin time someone with the financial where-with-all was able to finally take a poke at the HSUS.

I too will take CCF over HSUS any day.

Katherine

Workinonit Farm":j6h80bmw said:
It's about friggin time someone with the financial where-with-all was able to finally take a poke at the HSUS.
Katherine

That was my initial gut too. Maybe Pandoras Box will be opened and the fraud these people are will be revealed, even if only a bit. Set em back on their heels a little maybe.

And I was happy to spread a little good news for once Katherine! :D

AngusLimoX":17lzi24s said:
That was my initial gut too. Maybe Pandoras Box will be opened and the fraud these people are will be revealed, even if only a bit. Set em back on their heels a little maybe.

I hope so too. Hopefully some of the PETA folks and other extremists will take notice. At the very least, I hope this doesn't give HSUS an opportunity to 'learn from their mistake' and get even better at spreading their poison.

And I was happy to spread a little good news for once Katherine! :D

Thank you kindly sir. ;-)

Katherine

Latest posts