How's Gatlinburg, TN

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":1y5d57r9 said:
Freind ask to day and I couldn;t answer. What was the cause of the fire, arson or natural causes?

Supposedly the park service was going to let the fire burn it's self out, the only problem the fire didn't co-operate.
Kenny T knows the specifics hopefully he'll tell us what really happened. But that could be why the fire isn't generating any heat on the news also?

LRAF":2c217oys said:
There's no national coverage because there isn't any looting,killing,claimed racism,hate etc....rather if you know what's going on its a small place in the hills of Tennessee that's been destroyed,yet the outpouring of love and compassion from people of different races and religions in the area close and abroad is amazing. The media wouldn't dare show these type actions to the world as it may give them the wrong idea of mankind (ya know the kind most of us grew up and knew) A lot of history has been destroyed, lives and dreams have been shattered, along with wildlife and land that will take years to replace. It should have some attention and some mainstream coverage, the fires in that area and others close in neighboring states have really been overwhelming, thankfully we have received some good rains as of late to suppress the threat of anymore such fires.

Every time we have a disaster I am always amazed at the abundance of assistance that comes from neighbors near and far. Several of the local volunteer fireman were on a brush fire on in our county Monday night when the call came in that Gatlinburg needed help. As soon as they were released from the county fire they headed strait to Gatlinburg with just the clothes on their backs, they did not even run by their house. They said on the news this morning that they were running out of places to put donated supplies. The amount of help pouring into that little town is amazing.

dun":m4yjsb8a said:
skyhightree1":m4yjsb8a said:
dun":m4yjsb8a said:
Freind ask to day and I couldn;t answer. What was the cause of the fire, arson or natural causes?

Everything I've heard was it was caused by man.
Arson or global warming?

Arson. There is a person who has been arrested and later admitted to lighting fires.

Fox News, in the mornings, has had some coverage along with interviews from local folks and lots of footage. I really feel for all the people who have been impacted by the devastation.