How would Simbrah do in Thailand

Help Support CattleToday:

steve

Reaction score
Hey Everyone! I have 12 Brahman cattle in Thailand on a trial. So far I love the cattle business. I plan to buy some more this year. I was thinking about crossing Simbrah AI with all cows. Down the line, how would a more pure Simbrah do in Thailand (At times a hot tropical area)? Thanks, steve

Steve:
I am from Louisiana a state in the southern part of the US that has simular climate you discribed. The USDA experimented with Brahman influnced cattle and developed a good cross that developed into the second registered american breed in the US and its name is Brangus. Brangus are 3/8 Brahman and 5/8 Angus. If you just like Simies you might consider using the same percentage and create a Simbrah (another american breed). these cattle are heat and insect resistent which is needed in your area. Contact the breed assocations of each breed for information for your area. Good luck,

sillco":1bpmnasb said:
Steve:
I am from Louisiana a state in the southern part of the US that has simular climate you discribed. The USDA experimented with Brahman influnced cattle and developed a good cross that developed into the second registered american breed in the US and its name is Brangus. Brangus are 3/8 Brahman and 5/8 Angus. If you just like Simies you might consider using the same percentage and create a Simbrah (another american breed). these cattle are heat and insect resistent which is needed in your area. Contact the breed assocations of each breed for information for your area. Good luck,

Good advice.

Simbrah cattle are made for hot tropical climates. Whenever you cross your cows to Simmental bulls I would stick with red bulls with good carcass merit to them. Also you can breed them to Fleck bulls or purebred. If you want to keep a high percentage of Brahman blood in them, then going with a purebred or percentage Simbrah should work. If you need any help please e-mail back.

Matt Schiel
Bar M Ranch

we exported Simbrah cattle in 1992 to Thailand, so their is no reason you could try to cross your cows with Simmental, maybe A.I. will be the best option

steve":1yhfoqg6 said:
Hey Everyone! I have 12 Brahman cattle in Thailand on a trial. So far I love the cattle business. I plan to buy some more this year. I was thinking about crossing Simbrah AI with all cows. Down the line, how would a more pure Simbrah do in Thailand (At times a hot tropical area)? Thanks, steve

Latest posts