How to spot a city boy in the country

Help Support CattleToday:

When I was a kid we always had barbwire. I was visiting a neighbors and they had some weird fence, I went up and touched it and quickly turned around to try and find the idiot who threw that baseball against my back never did find them.

I often wonder if it was that experience that prompted my dad to convert to electric :???:

-RSC

Ah yes, I have seen this one before.....
Why is it funny when people get electrocuted?
Always makes me laugh, unless, of course, its me.
yikes!

Oh my gosh that is too darn funny. Looked at some of the others while in there, did you see the guy "testing" the in ground dog fence??

I hired a couple of teenage boys to help me clear brush/sticks out of a paddock this summer, while I was dumping the bucket and trailer one fella decided to go to his truck which was parked on the other side of my fence. I got back and the one kid was still grinning as kid number one said to me, "by the way your fence works GREAT!" He didn't want to walk down to the gate so he had touched a wire and decided the fence wasn't hot so he grabbed two of the wires to part them to skinny thru and got popped. (I have seven strand high tinsel with four hots.) Poor kid. ;-)

Wizzed on one when I was 8yrld. Never will forget that. I danced much better then that guy. ;-)

When I was a kid, my folks had the fence top wire was barbed, then elec., then barbed, then elec., then barbed. I unplugged fence to walk in the pasture. Dad saw fence unplugged and plugged back in ("Darn kids forget to plug fence in... :mad: "). Anyhow, I came back went to slip between barbed and elec. Was barely through when I got it the first time. Instead of backing out, I panicked, continued trying to get through ( I cannot tolerate electricity. At all). Anyhow, jeans got caught in barbed wire cause I was in such a hurry. By the time it was over, I had ripped off most of fencing from 3 posts, was bleeding from legs and hands and was incomprehensible. My mother thought I had been attacked by something in woods....
What a mess :roll:

I still cannot laugh about it and I'll bet it happened 30 years ago.
However, as I said, would for sure be funny if it happened to someone else.

angie2":1gks1pcd said:
When I was a kid, my folks had the fence top wire was barbed, then elec., then barbed, then elec., then barbed. I unplugged fence to walk in the pasture. Dad saw fence unplugged and plugged back in ("Darn kids forget to plug fence in... :mad: "). Anyhow, I came back went to slip between barbed and elec. Was barely through when I got it the first time. Instead of backing out, I panicked, continued trying to get through ( I cannot tolerate electricity. At all). Anyhow, jeans got caught in barbed wire cause I was in such a hurry. By the time it was over, I had ripped off most of fencing from 3 posts, was bleeding from legs and hands and was incomprehensible. My mother thought I had been attacked by something in woods....
What a mess :roll:

Pics would be great! :mrgreen:

I'm sure my sisters and brother would have donated a kidney to be able to take pics of that..... :roll:

Seriously? Never mentioned it to him.
He is not the type to care so much.
But sat on moms lap and milked it out for a long time ;-)
Gosh, thinking back is kinda funny. I had very long hair, lots of it, was a LOT of thrashing around going on. I'll bet that it looked like cousin it laying there on the ground when I walked away.....

Latest posts