How to siphon gas

Help Support CattleToday:

dj":1sypz6j0 said:
I'm pretty sure it's been since the 70's at least

No wonder I din't notice. Till a few years ago I didn;t drive anything that new and by the time I was I got too old to spend much time crawling under them.

dun

Now that I thunk on it, might have been around the first oil crunch back when? in 71-72? Probably taken out at consumer request due to gas lost.

dun":1pvxr35c said:
Not wishing to age myself anymore then I already have, but when did they quit putting drain plugs in fuel tanks?

dun

Hey, Dun I think it was about the time they started going to in tank electric fuel pumps which means about the time they got rid of carburetors and went to fuel injection. Now I wonder how many young folks on here are going to say "what is a carburetor"? Lets not talk about magneto's or we will really confuse them.

flaboy":3j0bavri said:
dun":3j0bavri said:
Not wishing to age myself anymore then I already have, but when did they quit putting drain plugs in fuel tanks?

dun

Hey, Dun I think it was about the time they started going to in tank electric fuel pumps which means about the time they got rid of carburetors and went to fuel injection. Now I wonder how many young folks on here are going to say "what is a carburetor"? Lets not talk about magneto's or we will really confuse them.
Or points and condensors,and Timing chains.

Crowderfarms":8aqi8fwf said:
flaboy":8aqi8fwf said:
dun":8aqi8fwf said:

dun

Or points and condensors,and Timing chains.
And dwell and timing lights.

A couple of years ago I was having problems with my old IH 460. Went to a local mechanic shop to see if they thought the problem was a cracked/leaking coil. Ask the guy that owns the place and he told me "You'll have to talk to the old guy over there". The old guy was at least 10-15 years younger then me.

dun

dun":nmjb9704 said:
Ask the guy that owns the place and he told me "You'll have to talk to the old guy over there". The old guy was at least 10-15 years younger then me.

dun

You know you've reached middle age when you quit worrying about growing old and start worrying about NOT growing old. ;-)

well ya could do like the thieves that stole our gas out of our work truck...they crawled underneith of it and used a hacksaw to cut the hose that that runs from the place where ya screw on the gas cap to the tank, there is a about a a foot or less, best i remember of hose..but thats all it took, then they had acces to the tank to siphon it out, my husband went to put gas in it and it started running on the ground out from under the truck....., man was he ticked off... :mad: he fixed it by screw clamping a rubber boot around it,.. his patch worked for years till some jack a$$ pulled out in front of me and totaled it.

good luck, just dont get blowed up......samm

Latest posts