How to price angus bull?

Help Support CattleToday:

mermill2

Reaction score
Hi, any ideas what would be a fair price for a 1600 lb angus bull? He is a proven breeder, has easy calves in 55-70 lb range, in good condition, has good temperment, and is 6 years old. Gary

At 6 years old - he's likely headed to slaughter. Most people don't want to put a lot of money into a bull that age. Figure him at about $60/ hundred to give you a good estimate.

I agree with bullbuyer. At that age, probably no one will take him home. If he is a good killer bull, 60 cents. If he is common 55cents will catch him.

Here in Australia if the bull is by 036,Ultravox,Yellowstone etc you put your price on him even if he's no good he'll still make money. Angus are so overpriced here in Australia for what they are.I fear for the breed because too much emphasis is being placed on too few bloodlines. Its sad because the Angus had such a range of bloodlines once here in our country. The Holstein breed is in trouble here in Australia because of toofew bloodlines now.I'm not knocking Angus but there are not as many good doing Angus bulls about these days,as there was in the past.

Latest posts