How to post a poll

Help Support CattleToday:

Marie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I had to search this issue as in this version of the software they've moved controls for the forums.

You can just go to the forum and start a thread. Once you open the message box you should see discussion and poll tabs. Click on the poll tab to set up the poll.

1601744208211.png

I do not have them set up yet on all forums as this is a new way of doing it and I need to set the forums.
Edit: The other forums now have this feature.

Last edited:
@Angie - So I tested the Poll function, should have started with my Discussion first and then created the Poll but anyway. What I did notice was the period that the Poll will run for is set on 7 days and even though the option to change the period is there, it is not working.

Thanks for letting me know that. This newest software has a few different settings that last version, so I'll see about changing that time and allowing members to change it when creating the poll.

Did you click on the boxes I've highlighted?

1601825561394.png

Were you able to edit it? Or is it still not working for you?

So you are wanting to edit an existing poll? Not create a new one?
I'm not sure if it will erase existing votes, but I would not think it would.

I have found that the undo arrow on the post controls can go back a step or two or three if you do something within a post.

1601829590097.png

I would think IF the votes delete, you could hit that and take away the step you just did.

It didn't clear them, nice to know:). I was able to edit.

I'll try a poll with pics later on and see how that goes...

Thanks for doing that an experimenting. I'll look forward to a picture poll.

Latest posts