How to kill pigweed?

Help Support CattleToday:

While it's growing well and before it flowers, better yet just as it starts to flower, 2,4-D will do the job very well. If thats the only thing growing there glyphos will kill it too, but it will kill any grass that may be growing also.

dun

Grazon works well for me . You can kill them after they bloom with Grazon too.

ollie":1ngx88a1 said:
Grazon works well for me.

Grazon will work just fine, super 2,4-D. But it's restricted and you need a license, plus it's a whole lot more expensive then genreic 2,4-D.
Gotta remember, I'm a cheap skate

dun

Since it is unregulated what is the price? I think it is 35.00 Here for a 2.5 gal.

ollie":3g5h4kmq said:
Since it is unregulated what is the price? I think it is 35.00 Here for a 2.5 gal.

2,4-D Amine is $32.19 with no tax. Not sure if Ester is more, less, or the same

dun

Dun,

Have you ever tried Pasture Pro? I've tried it and it seems to be working ok. Just wanted another opinion.

bgm":29mh0qvb said:
Dun,

Have you ever tried Pasture Pro? I've tried it and it seems to be working ok. Just wanted another opinion.

Haven't used it but a friend of ours is planning on trying it on a pasture with a lot of serecia.

dun

Thanks for the advice. I'll mow it again and then use 2-4D after it starts growing back. Glad to know 2-4D will kill it instead of the pricey stuff like Grazon and Remedy. It's in the pasture so I don't want to use Roundup.
gabby

Grazon Will stay with you alot longer than 2-4-D alone. The Tardon in the Grazon product works in the soil so it will prevent pigweed from reseeding.
It seems like pigweed comes up with blooms and seeds on it.
Grazon will keep your clover from comming up this fall though.

J":1fnwufxk said:
Have seen alot of talk about pig weed can anyone post a picture of it?

Red Root Pigweed

redpigweed4-6.jpg

plant33s.jpg

it seems to be a problem for most why are you growing a pot of it Muratic? :lol: :lol:

J":s2hf12jn said:
it seems to be a problem for most why are you growing a pot of it Muratic? :lol: :lol:

I like the way it smells when it is burning...

and you can't see it from a copter in the corn rows!! ;-)