How to get skunks out of barn?

Help Support CattleToday:

cypressfarms":255lhc2o said:
Skunks hate bright light - their nocturnal. You could set up some large lights at night, pointing where they are.
This is how I got rid of one that decided to bed down in my office warehouse. I tried water, loud music, and pepper spray. Halogen lights finally ran him out.

Caustic Burno":14lqiva5 said:
Jack Russells work great except if they want to jump on the tractor with you afterwards. You don't have vermin with these dogs, if it squeaks, scurries, has fur fin or feathers and comes on their place there will be a fight. Rat run under a board they will stay on it day and night straight until it comes out. Had to go shoot a coon this morning before daylight that Rube had treed. Fear is not in there vocabulary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat-baiting

Been leaving alight on in that corner and playing a radio, so far I have not seen them any more.

close it up and run a pipe from the ex of yer most nasty running machine and into the barn..cpl hrs later..theyll come out and then

BAMMO!!! SKUNK STEW!! :tiphat:

close it up and run a pipe from the ex of yer most nasty running machine and into the barn..cpl hrs later..theyll come out and then

Diesel I fiqured your most nasty running machine would of got you banned from the forum by now!!!!!

I have removed two with good results using a live trap. Once you get them caught and as soon as possible after catching them use heavy black plastic or an old quilt. Very gently move to the trap with the plastic/quilt between you and the trap. Slowly place it over the trap allowing it to hang down on each side shielding youself from the skunk. I usually place them on the back of the truck and drive to a remote area and release them. I have yet to shoot one in any manner that did not make them spray. Just my two cents.

Circle H Ranch

Latest posts