how to explain this one to my wife

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Today was the family reunion for my wifes side of things. I hate going because its too hot, boring, can't enjoy a beer. So, for the past 3 years I've stayed home. This years excuse was I needed to work on some more clearing on my mother in laws place next door. So, I get the bright idea to try the bush hog on the palmettos..that didn't work out to well. Broke the shear pin more than a few times and gave up on that idea. So, back to pushing with the bucket. About 15 minutes into it, the throttle linkage rod breaks and I gotta remove it, weld it, and resinstall. Between that, the heat, the beer breaks, I got almost nothing done. I think its gonna be a long night out on the couch just like the last few years.....think she'll understand???

hooknline":2xruyg3x said:
Today was the family reunion for my wifes side of things. I hate going because its too hot, boring, can't enjoy a beer. So, for the past 3 years I've stayed home. This years excuse was I needed to work on some more clearing on my mother in laws place next door. So, I get the bright idea to try the bush hog on the palmettos..that didn't work out to well. Broke the shear pin more than a few times and gave up on that idea. So, back to pushing with the bucket. About 15 minutes into it, the throttle linkage rod breaks and I gotta remove it, weld it, and resinstall. Between that, the heat, the beer breaks, I got almost nothing done. I think its gonna be a long night out on the couch just like the last few years.....think she'll understand???

Of course she will. If she finds you dead on the floor when she gets home she might forgive you in a year or two......and you seem like such a smart fella.. :lol2: :lol2:

BTW if things get too tuff I got an extra doghouse you can use. It's snowing up here and we need to brand next weekend I can use the help.

BTW if things get too tuff I got an extra doghouse you can use. It's snowing up here and we need to brand next weekend I can use the help." Do we get steaks or tacos? ;)

Just make sure if you think she is going to put you out to the couch, you beat her to the punch. Tell her the bed hurt your back last night and you think you will try the couch tonite. Steals a little thunder.

Kingfisher":icbuquzx said:
BTW if things get too tuff I got an extra doghouse you can use. It's snowing up here and we need to brand next weekend I can use the help." Do we get steaks or tacos? ;)

Whatever you want!

Well, she normally brings me back a plate of samplings from each years food. I just talked to her and she said she "forgot".I think she's getting wise to me, but I've got my pillow and blanket all set up on the couch already. Maybe I can con her into thinking I'm sick.

hooknline":3jilgq4q said:
Well, she normally brings me back a plate of samplings from each years food. I just talked to her and she said she "forgot".I think she's getting wise to me, but I've got my pillow and blanket all set up on the couch already. Maybe I can con her into thinking I'm sick.

That's just plain pitiful. :shock: (NIce plan tho) :tiphat: Let us know if she falls for it. :lol2:

Its one of those quick onset "man colds". Even worse in the summer, but usually short lived and better the next morning

My wife rocks! She brought me a plate of grub, and while I was eating I sent her over to the MIL's to see the progress made. She came back with a grin and said it looked good. So I guess I get to sleep in my own bed tonight and my man cold is suddenly gone! :mrgreen:

To help you fellas better understand the fairer sex, here's what she is really thinking.......she doesn't want you at this reunion, you have acted like a boob in years past with your not wanting to be there, etc. She wants you to get that clearing done at her mothers house, has been hounding you to do it for a long time. She brings you back plate of food she she doesn't have to hear you whine about being hungry. Hope this clears things up some for ya! :D

MistyMorning":2qajl7sh said:
To help you fellas better understand the fairer sex, here's what she is really thinking.......she doesn't want you at this reunion, you have acted like a boob in years past with your not wanting to be there, etc. She wants you to get that clearing done at her mothers house, has been hounding you to do it for a long time. She brings you back plate of food she she doesn't have to hear you whine about being hungry. Hope this clears things up some for ya! :D

She doesn't have to worry herself much longer. :D

hooknline":e5aglipd said:
Now you just ruined everything!

My sincere apologies. :D

I am kinda surprised none of the other womenfolk haven't gotten on here and chastized me for giving up the goods. :hide:

MistyMorning":e9u1tpcz said:
hooknline":e9u1tpcz said:
Now you just ruined everything!

My sincere apologies. :D

I am kinda surprised none of the other womenfolk haven't gotten on here and chastized me for giving up the goods. :hide:

It was a bit traitorous of you.... :tiphat:

I think Misty has it about right
Unless you wife is making a HUGE deal out of you accompanying her. She probably gave up a long time ago and is quite content to go alone.
if you REALLY wanted to go she would love it.
But if you are just going under duress,you couldn't help being a wet blanket(or at least my hubby can't) and ruin her fun. She'd rather you just stay home and get some work done that shes been wanting done.
I would understand that things went badly and you didn't have much but more work to show for it.

Forcing husbands(at least mine) to so something social that they don't want to just backfires and you end up wanting to throttle them.

My hubby loves for me to go to social events without him- everyone feels so sorry for him having to stay home a nd work that they send a huge plate back. He gets all the good food without any of the bother.

About 4 years back I went to this annual reunion, and hated every minute of it. And yes, she knew it. So the next year she tells me I don't have to go. YIPPEE! That was the pass I was looking for. I did go last year just to remind myself of how boring it is. We used to play volleyball, had some games, etc. That was about 12 years ago, and I don't dive on a volley like I used to. They don't even put the net up anymore. In the coming years, we're going to start doing it here at my place, and that's going to be more like a good party than a reunion.

At least she's going to her sides reunion. I make my wife go solo to MY sides reunion. :D Reunions are kind of like weddings anyway, the male half of the family doesn't matter as long as the wife gets to show off. I tried to get my way on a few things on my wedding day before my dad straightened me out. He said my wants didn't matter and if I didn't show up they'd just hire a stand-in since it didn't have anything to do with me anyway. If your wife can pass it off as "he's SUCH a hard worker/provider that..." then that's even better than you being there.