How to: embed YouTube video in post

Help Support CattleToday:

I use the youtube button on the long reply screen and not have to type in the tags. You can hit the quote button for this post to see the code.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/0tDbznOHW_E[/youtube]

The YouTube button hasn't worked for me for years. If I type in 'youtu.be' it works. Type in 'youtube' with no period, it doesn't. I see majority of people just list the address, so button must not have been working for them either.

Hum... Never had a problem with that shortcut myself. Down at the bottom of any page there's a link to delete all board cookies. Occasionally, I have to do that in order to get things back to normal on this board.

Aaron":3fsqsf2u said:
The YouTube button hasn't worked for me for years. If I type in 'youtu.be' it works. Type in 'youtube' with no period, it doesn't. I see majority of people just list the address, so button must not have been working for them either.
I'm not sure about how it works from mobile apps, butyou want the URL to the video, not the video page.. so on the youtube website, the address in the address bar isn't the one, you need to right click the video and copy that address.. It took me a while to figure it out, with MUCH frustration!

Nesikep":1ln7fgjx said:
Aaron":1ln7fgjx said:
I'm not sure about how it works from mobile apps, butyou want the URL to the video, not the video page.. so on the youtube website, the address in the address bar isn't the one, you need to right click the video and copy that address.. It took me a while to figure it out, with MUCH frustration!

I did that before and it still didn't work.

When I first joined here, I could use the youtube tags with just the url and the video would show up fine in the body of the reply. Now, no matter what, only the URL shows up, regardless of whether I change it to youtu.be or not and whether I use the tags or not.
The ads that have become so commonplace on youtube are part of the problem.

This site is being run by phpBB which is a free flat-forum bulletin board software. Some other sites I have been on have more advanced software that you can click on ions at the top of the page and easily enbed, attach or whatever. This is just as good, but not as user friendly. I think that is the problem.

Look at the very bottom of the page.

https://www.phpbb.com/

jltrent":2gs0ec1f said:
This site is being run by phpBB which is a free flat-forum bulletin board software. Some other sites I have been on have more advanced software that you can click on ions at the top of the page and easily enbed, attach or whatever.

You can even post it again........

i7dvM3w.png