How to clip an angus steer? HELP ME!

Help Support CattleToday:

poultryrancher

Reaction score
The county fair is this weekend.My steer leader had an accident at work and broke his leg and never taught us how to clip. So I nave NO IDEA HOW TO CLIP! AND I NEED ADVICE! Confirmation wise, he's "okay"....Maybe look better after he's clipped. SOMEBODY GIVE ME PHOTOS AND INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO CLIP! PLEAAAAAAASEEEEEE!

I have buddy that will help me but he is a novice too. I'm not sure if it's a hair show or slick show. All I know is I just need to give him a normal clip on his face, tail, poll, etc--just to make his confirmation look better. So just a VERY VERY simple,basic clip for a market steer.

Just take a medium blending blade and just shave the whole face. leave the ears alone. you can either shave his poll completely off(easies way) or trim it up and leave it. (if i were you i would just shave it off. ) As for the tail. Between the back legs there is a crease that runs up towords their rear. Where that crease becomes flush with the butt. that is where you start to shave. go strait up on both sides and round the corner and stop where the crease ends. IT IS REALLY HARD TO EXPLAIN OVER THE INTERNET